Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 27, 2019 1:50 pm  #1

brake pedal

I've just checked with 3 of the Ford supply stores and none have  or can tell me about my brake pedal..
  It looks like it's for a power brake setup, yet my car came with manual brakes...
It is not a  removable cover but it is molded onto the metal... 
I don't know if I peeled off the rubber if a "cover' will work..
  Anyone run into this?

Best

August 28, 2019 10:45 am  #2

Re: brake pedal

Sanddoc wrote:

I've just checked with 3 of the Ford supply stores and none have  or can tell me about my brake pedal..
  It looks like it's for a power brake setup, yet my car came with manual brakes...
It is not a  removable cover but it is molded onto the metal... 
I don't know if I peeled off the rubber if a "cover' will work..
  Anyone run into this?

Best

What year is it?

Every car brake pedal after 1948 has a separate replaceable rubber pad.

Bill / Retired Ford Parts Manager / 1928/89 Ford Passenger Car & 1928/2001 Ford Truck ~ Part Number Research & VIN Decoding

August 28, 2019 8:14 pm  #3

Re: brake pedal

Hi
 It's a 62 Ford country sedan...   I think it's the original brake pedal, the car was pretty much 
all original when I got it.  I've made changes to the engine and trans... 
   Guess I need to do some research

Wait. another point is that the  pedal is removalbe from the arim...  a 3\16 or 1\4 inch bolt... holds
it in place... The pad is diffenatly  molded onto the pedal... 

Last edited by Sanddoc (August 28, 2019 8:26 pm)

Board footera