Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 27, 2013 8:22 pm  #1

Hey ragan64 This look a little better??

ragan64 wrote:

That looks good Daze. You did a very nice job. I did notice that your steering linkage should have "ZERO" rust issues. LOL,LOL,LOL! Don

I rebuilt the PS control valave wich was leaking teribly.  Now it may rust but at least its clean  

July 3, 2013 8:52 pm  #2

Re: Hey ragan64 This look a little better??

All that work and I had to go back and redo part of it.  When I put the rebuilt valve in I replaced the ram with another one that had come with a bunch of power steering parts I had purchased on eBay.  The "new" ram looked better than my old dented up one but as I worked the rod in and out it was a little stiff.  I figured the stiffness would not be an issue and installed it, but never should have.  When I took the car for a test drive the steering was some what unresponsive as I first turned the whee then as I continued to turn the steering wheel the steering would suddenly dart in that direction.  I realized it was probably the stiff ram so I swapped it out for the old one.  Guess what the steering works great now.  I have a rebuild kit for the ram and may tare in to it, but either way the old gal is handling better than ever.

Board footera