Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 11, 2013 8:05 pm  #1

1963 Ford Country Squire relay

Hi, I am new to this site and I have a question I hope someone can help me with. I have a 1963 Ford Country Squire wagon with a 352 V8 2 barrel. There is what appears to be a relay bolted to the firewall just to the right of center. It is approx. 3 in. long x 2 in. high x 1 1/2 in. deep and has 3 terminals. The wires come from the dash through a hole in the firewall approx. 6 in from the relay. Two of the wires connect to the two end terminals and the third wire is a heavy gauge wire and connects to the center terminal and then has a wire that goes from the center terminal to the starter solenoid. What is this relay called and where can I find one. Nobody offers it in the aftermarket that I can find. Any help would be greatly appreciated. You can email me at joseph.warner@aol.com           Thank you, Joe

October 13, 2013 7:54 pm  #2

Re: 1963 Ford Country Squire relay

Im not sure if this helps but my 68 squire has a relay on the firewall for the tailgates power window. I have looked but I havent been able to find a new one yet.
Troy

Do some miles, Get some smiles

Board footera