Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 1, 2013 8:19 pm  #1

Jayz66, bright light in S.C. sky

on November 2, 2012, 8:13 pm, Don R wrote:

Was that bright glow in the sky from your working tail lights? Oh, "my bad", it was just the moon rising. LOL! Just checking to see if any progress has been made. Don

on November 3, 2012, 6:51 pm, Jayz66 wrote:

Not exactly! Don, I have been working on my 65 Chevy truck restoration instead. On the 66 Galaxie, I have tracked the problem down to inside the steering column, probably the turn signal switch. I have plans to get to it soon.

The good news is that today, for the first time ever, and I have owned the 65 Chevy truck now for over a year, I drove it. Yep! Drove it. Just finished a complete redo of all things brake related and since things checked out, I felt safe to drive it around the block.

www.lugnutz65chevystepside.weebly.com is my website.

I will post an update of my wiring repair for the 66 once I get it done, hopefully in the next 2 weeks.

on November 12, 2012, 4:04 pm, Jayz66 wrote:

I found the problem! It looks like I need a new turn signal switch. I checked it with a multi-meter. I could possibly repair it but since it has been cut and spliced before I got to it, I'd rather have a new one.

on November 14, 2012, 6:54 pm, Don R wrote:

Great to hear. After looking at the pics, I'd want a new one also. Take care , don

Board footera