Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 15, 2013 12:15 pm  #41

Re: Member Intro

I'm new to posting on this site, but have been lurking here for a few years. Have picked up some great info here, and on the old site.
By the way, Daze, I like the new format much better!

August 15, 2013 9:07 pm  #42

Great to here from you!!!!!  Would love to here more. Also good to here that you like the format.

August 20, 2013 2:17 pm  #43

I rescued this from the junk yard in the 80's, still drive it once in awhile. I'm just another old gearhead.
Daze, thank you for sending the '61 Ford owner's manual, what, 2 or 3 years ago? Time flies when you're having fun!

August 20, 2013 6:38 pm  #44

hello guys, i have read your forum but never posted. i am logging in as oldschool due to that is what the kids say when they come to me for problems with their cars. and i don't mean the computer stuff. my friend and i have been restoring his dads car which is a 1967 galaxie convertible with a 390 cid auto. we had to replace the frame due to rust. i have taken over due to he returned home for a lengthy visit. hope some of y'all will visit when cruising the coast comes to town. i live about an hour away and usually have to view the classics at least a day or two. 

August 21, 2013 4:36 pm  #45

welcome to the forum!!  glad you have decided to post and join in on the fun.  I look forward to hearing more about your project and getting to know you better.

August 31, 2013 3:40 pm  #46

i have a 1967 galaxie 500, 2 door fastback, 390.  as soon as i figure out how to post pics to this board i will.

1967 Galaxie 500, 2 door, 390

August 31, 2013 4:59 pm  #47

primetime wrote:

i have a 1967 galaxie 500, 2 door fastback, 390.  as soon as i figure out how to post pics to this board i will.

Primetime,
Welcome!  I am also here in Columbia, SC.  Would love to get in touch and chat about Galxies over some coffee sometime.  Jay

1966 Galaxie 500 2 door 289ci/AT
1965 Chevy C10 Stepside shortbed restoration (in progress) at
http://www.lugnutz65chevystepside.weebly.com

September 16, 2013 8:08 pm  #48

Good evening everyone. Just logged on as Johnson because it was all I could think of at the time. My first name is Brian. I'm the second owner of a '64 Fastback 500 (non XL) The car is currently undergoing a mild restoration. I'll try to post as I go along, and ask for patience on posting pictures. My '64 is well optioned, and a pretty solid car. Factory A/C, AM/FM, and a few years ago, I found some 4-door power windows (I hope to adapt) and a swing-a-way steering. 352 and Cruise-O-Matic. Wimbeldon White with blue interior. It's also a well documented car. The original owner's manual has a listing of past service records. Even has original warranty card enclosed. Still has the dealership decal on the trunk. Haven't drove it in years (plates expired in 1996) but hope to have it on the road next year. Look forward to hearing from many of you, and hope to share in progress.  

September 16, 2013 8:16 pm  #49

Johnson wrote:

Good evening everyone. Just logged on as Johnson because it was all I could think of at the time. My first name is Brian. I'm the second owner of a '64 Fastback 500 (non XL) The car is currently undergoing a mild restoration. I'll try to post as I go along, and ask for patience on posting pictures. My '64 is well optioned, and a pretty solid car. Factory A/C, AM/FM, and a few years ago, I found some 4-door power windows (I hope to adapt) and a swing-a-way steering. 352 and Cruise-O-Matic. Wimbeldon White with blue interior. It's also a well documented car. The original owner's manual has a listing of past service records. Even has original warranty card enclosed. Still has the dealership decal on the trunk. Haven't drove it in years (plates expired in 1996) but hope to have it on the road next year. Look forward to hearing from many of you, and hope to share in progress.  

Welcome!  Yes, we would love to see more of your car and find out the details of whatever you are doing to get it back on the road.  Sounds like a great car!

1966 Galaxie 500 2 door 289ci/AT
1965 Chevy C10 Stepside shortbed restoration (in progress) at
http://www.lugnutz65chevystepside.weebly.com

September 17, 2013 6:52 pm  #50

Thanks. Right now she's up on jack-stands. There's nothing but fresh painted frame (and firewall) there. Engine and trans were rebuilt a while ago, getting ready to put them back in place. Been painting odds-n-ends lately. Then the power steering and front suspension rebuild will begin. Wish I could do a complete frame off, but it's taken me way too long as it is. Most of the car still has original paint too.

Board footera