Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 13, 2013 5:15 pm  #31

Re: Show Me Your Ride(s)

Welcome!
Wow, such a nice car.  I was born in 59 and that car looks to be in waaaaay better shape than me!
Thanks for posting the videos.  I find it interesting that the badges say Galaxie and Fairlane.
Jay

1966 Galaxie 500 2 door 289ci/AT
1965 Chevy C10 Stepside shortbed restoration (in progress) at
http://www.lugnutz65chevystepside.weebly.com

February 13, 2013 10:22 pm  #32

Thanks for the welcome.  Re: the comment about the badging, for those not familiar with the genesis of the Galaxie, here's a little blurb that explains that:

The 57's, 58's, and early 59's were Fairlane 500 both on the rear and the upper rear fenders. That remained same on the rear because the tooling would be too expensive in mid model-year production and the first zero covered the trunk lock on all other models that had a trunk or tailgate. The Galaxie script was attached to the rear sides and a gold anodized stick-on emblem on the glove box door.

February 14, 2013 2:16 pm  #33

Just some random pictures of the car 

Last edited by ChadGasket (February 14, 2013 2:20 pm)

February 14, 2013 8:06 pm  #34

ChadGasket wrote:

Just some random pictures of the car 

Very nice !! 

July 19, 2013 9:55 pm  #35

My under construction 64! Wait I can't draw and can't figure out how to post from my phone!!!!! Help!

July 20, 2013 5:28 am  #36

Look at the top of the page on the lwft.  Click the INDEX tab.  There will be a topic for posting pictures.  Start there.

August 8, 2013 9:40 pm  #37

Hey everyone. Pics of my new ride. She shows really well in pictures, but make no mistake, she is a project. Hasn't really been driven for five years. I have to pull and clean the tank, rebuild the carb, and replace the thermostat just to get her back on the road. Rust in the quarter panels, a little around the back windows, and some around the seal in the trunk. I can't wait to bring this beauty back to life! That's the wife's 66 Mustang in the driveway.

August 14, 2013 1:10 pm  #38

My 67 Marquis, its original and untouched

Q-color Glacier Blue and blue interior

crack

September 14, 2013 10:31 am  #39

Jayz66 wrote:

I've been a member of this forum since I bought my 1966 Galaxie 500 in 2008. I'll always be a novice but I'm learning more all the time.

Wow, really nice looking Galaxie! I'm looking for a set of wheels like the ones on your 500 for my 67 Mustang, Happen to know the model/name or what they came off?

September 14, 2013 5:31 pm  #40

Corson wrote:

Wow, really nice looking Galaxie! I'm looking for a set of wheels like the ones on your 500 for my 67 Mustang, Happen to know the model/name or what they came off?

Thanks for the compliment.  The wheels on my 66 Galaxie are called Appliance Wiremag and are no longer made.  The woven spokes are really not a spokes, but are cast into the metal (aluminum).  They were popular in the early and mid seventies.  I think your best chance to find some would be cruising some junkyards and watching eBay.  Every once in a while, I will run across an older vehicle with Wiremags and the owner has no idea what they are or how nice they can look if polished.

Last edited by Jayz66 (September 14, 2013 5:31 pm)

Board footera