Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 27, 2023 3:16 pm  #1

I did a video on my Coil-over front suspension mod

There is a whole thread on this build but I also stitched some pix I had together into a "video" should apply to 61-64... I think 

https://youtu.be/-DACQLUodRU

September 8, 2023 6:01 am  #2

Re: I did a video on my Coil-over front suspension mod

That's pretty cool.  Looks like it would help drive-ability.  If I remember correctly these cars handled a little soft in the turns.

September 8, 2023 8:39 am  #3

Re: I did a video on my Coil-over front suspension mod

finsrn wrote:

That's pretty cool.  Looks like it would help drive-ability.  If I remember correctly these cars handled a little soft in the turns.

"soft on the turns" is because the swaybar is WAY undersized.  5/8" I think.  I upgraded to a 1" and that made a huge improvement.  The coil over kit also helped with that due to shock adjustment but the biggest advantages were height adjustment and ride quality.

Board footera