Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 28, 2020 11:26 am  #1

Twin Turbo 390 build questions

=16.25pxAnybody use the stock shorty cast manifolds for a twin turbo?  Or stainless shorties?  Pictures???

=16.25pxI bought a 64 Gal XL 390 4 speed basket case and plan on a low boost twin turbo setup to start with.  The car is stripped but I have 99% of the parts in boxes.  I'm going to do bearings, rings & pistons and slap the engine back together for now.  Once I figure out the turbo system and get the car on the road I have a 4 bolt block that I will stroke and up the boost on.  Thanks.

August 4, 2020 3:37 pm  #2

Re: Twin Turbo 390 build questions

This sounds like a cool project. I've never played with boost, but I'd think that in a low boost application that stock manifolds would be fine, even though they tend to be poor performers on the exhaust side. The key factor may be the best packaging. Which puts the turbos in the best locations? Manifolds, or headers?

Board footera