Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 28, 2019 7:13 pm  #1

1962 Galaxie fuel filter question

Hey everyone, so the gas guage stopped working, dropped the tank pulled the sending unit out, found out there was a huge crack in the float, replaced that, and the filter at the end of the pickup tube was in pretty bad shape so I ordered another one for that. Question is that the new filter won’t fit snug enough to where the filter won’t fall off. It’s 3/8 fuel pipe and I made sure I ordered the correct filter for that particular year and sending unit. I’m I missing something or what??? How do I get the filter to tightly snug on and keep it from falling off into the tank, thank you for any replys

September 29, 2019 5:33 am  #2

Re: 1962 Galaxie fuel filter question

Is the filter like a "sock"  just slips over the tube? If so 
   I'd just  use a ( Zip Tie)
or a very small clamp... 

September 29, 2019 1:44 pm  #3

mxnocean wrote:

Hey everyone, so the gas guage stopped working, dropped the tank pulled the sending unit out, found out there was a huge crack in the float, replaced that, and the filter at the end of the pickup tube was in pretty bad shape so I ordered another one for that. Question is that the new filter won’t fit snug enough to where the filter won’t fall off. It’s 3/8 fuel pipe and I made sure I ordered the correct filter for that particular year and sending unit. I’m I missing something or what??? How do I get the filter to tightly snug on and keep it from falling off into the tank, thank you for any replies

1957/79: There are only two of these puppies:

D1AZ-9A011-A .. Plastic Meshed Filter Screen 3/8" I.D. / Obsolete

1957/79 all FoMoCo gas vehicles except Maverick/Comet/Pinto/Bobcat.
-------------------
D1FZ-9A011-A .. Plastic Meshed Filter Screen 5/16" I.D. / Obsolete

1970/77 Maverick/Comet // 1971/79 Pinto/Bobcat.

Last edited by BKW (September 29, 2019 1:46 pm)

Bill / Retired Ford Parts Manager / 1928/89 Ford Passenger Car & 1928/2001 Ford Truck ~ Part Number Research & VIN Decoding

September 29, 2019 1:54 pm  #4

Ahhh that would make perfect sense, the option I was givin through the website I ordered the part from was a 3/8 filter, a 5/16 filter will be perfect, that for he info, it very appreciated

November 23, 2019 8:50 pm  #5

Thank goodness for BKW being a part of this forum!

Board footera