Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 6, 2019 5:16 am  #1

Hello everyone, my name is Dave , I'm in western New York.  I have an original (survivor) power blue 69 Custom 429, HD most everything, radio delete.  I'm the second owner. the original owner was my Dad. he ordered this car from judges Ford in Rochester NY back in 69.
I don't have any great plans for this car,  I need to do a few tings to make it road worthy.  then i'll drive it around and decide what's next.
I looking forward to learning from you all.  I plan on searching old posts, and then i'll have some question.
thank you ,
Dave

September 10, 2019 4:55 am  #2

Re: new member

Hello Dave
  Glad to see you here.
You'll have lots to do with that road warrior

Just to get you started I'd replace the "points" with a pertronix  or go to and HEI Dist..
The HEI just cleans up wiring along with a better timing
the Pertronix is just a points replacment... no wear and tear
I'm sure you know, but just in case you don't, the 429 and 460 are same block, and are the 385 series 
with  canted valves.. the 351 Cleveland share that configuration
   BTW I'm Dave from Torrance Ca

Board footera