Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 12, 2019 12:52 pm  #1

1961 Parts Car Value - Country Sedan

Does anybody have thoughts on the value of a 1961 Country Sedan parts car.  It has a 292 Y block and the car looks mostly complete.  I think it's been sitting for the last 40 years.  Sheet metal is fairly rusty.   This is the best picture I have of it.  The guy wants me to come up with a price.  I was thinking somewhere around $800 but I honestly don't know.  I didn't want to offend the guy.

June 13, 2019 7:21 am  #2

Re: 1961 Parts Car Value - Country Sedan

I can;t stand owners that want to sell a car and do not know what to ask for it. That is his job. Only he knows what he has in it cost wise,or what is worth to HIM. You won't offend him if HE has the price. Then you can ask yourself if that is too much for you to buy it from him or a great deal depending what your need for it is. Just ask him ..What do YOU want for it.That's the SELLERS job.then you won;t offend HIM .If you are not the buyer and just a friend  it is still best if HE states the asking price.  IMO

June 18, 2019 3:54 pm  #3

What are you going to get out of it for 800.00? Does it have a title? When you say the sheet metal is rusty are you talking about the whole bottom of the quarters doors and floors from sitting 40 years? Is the tail gate shot? You might only wind up with a 9" rear end and a locked up y block.
Don't get me wrong, I would love to find a buildable 61 wagon for 800.00.
Mike

June 25, 2019 11:01 am  #4

I'm not sure about the title.  Yes, I would say the whole bottom of the quarters and floor are gone.  I'm not sure about the tail gate.  Do the tail gates rust out?  What I really wanted was a complete power steering setup for a Y block.  Other than that I would be taking a risk that anything else would be usable and I really don't need much else anyway.  It comes down to degrees.  Some of the items on the car might be better than what I have already but are they that much better that it's worth the time and expense?  Not to mention that I then have to deal with a parts car parked somewhere.

June 25, 2019 6:50 pm  #5

Hello
 As an owner of a 62 country sedan, I'd ask myself, why do I want it, and how much am I willing to spend to
restore it.. unless your just buying it for parts.
  If you are buying for a parts car, might be with $800, I'd offer him $500.. is the glass all there and good
is there an engine? hood, fenders, trim...
  BTW. I paid $400 for a complete good floor pan for my wagon...
Best

Board footera