Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 3, 2019 11:27 am  #11

Re: 69 Ford XL convertible gas leak

1969 full sized Fords: Fuel cap located behind a fuel door on the left quarter panel.

There is a neoprene seal (C7AZ-9072-A) that fits in between the filler pipe and the fuel tank. Over time this seal tends to harden up, causing it to crack. So it's possible this is what is causing fuel to seep into the trunk.

I'd post the parts catalog pic, but haven't figured out to do it yet...on this site.

Bill / Retired Ford Parts Manager / 1928/89 Ford Passenger Car & 1928/2001 Ford Truck ~ Part Number Research & VIN Decoding

May 3, 2019 2:28 pm  #12

Re: 69 Ford XL convertible gas leak

Hi BKW.  There's a Forum Info section with instructions how to post pictures.  Basically need to create url for the pic then can import it.

Lonestar

I used to think that being a car guy was shallow, but now I don't give a crap

Board footera