Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 3, 2019 10:58 am  #1

Finally got another 63.5 Sportsroof to replace the one I sold 25 years

One of the dumbest things I ever did was sell the first 63.5 I had spent two years putting together. Well; I think I've at least corrected part of that mistake at last. It's not a 390/COM, it's a 289 with 3.03 three speed manual, no power steering, no power brakes, no A/C. Was told the engine had been recently rebuilt; it runs pretty well, so I'm taking his word for it. Dealing with the usual Previous Owner bullshit; hacked wires, neglected rust, roached interior. But she do make me smile when I look at it!

April 5, 2019 1:20 pm  #2

Re: Finally got another 63.5 Sportsroof to replace the one I sold 25 years

Congrats! I hope there are not too many potholes on memory lane.

April 6, 2019 5:34 am  #3

Nice.  I love mine.  I love it more than NADA classic car guide values it.  Maybe some day these vehicles will get the recognition they deserve.

April 15, 2019 8:52 am  #4

Sorted out my ignition, replaced the fuel tank, got my outside lights working and did some patching on the floor. Need to replace the ignition switch because the one in it won't retain the key cylinder, and need to replace the headlight switch as I believe it to be the reason the dash lights don't work. Did some prelim research and my car was built in June of '63 at the Atlanta plant. Factory bare bones for a Galaxie 500; no power anything, and three speed manual.Single speed wipers, heater, other than a dash clock, nothing else. Oh; also did some work on the front seat to get the slides working, but one of the ball bearings was missing and I don't know what size to get to put in the slide. slathered white grease into it and it works okay for now. My original was black on black, with a '68 390 4v and C6 trans in it. It was an XL but the interior had been robbed out of it when I got it and I put a standard 500 interior in it. By the time I sold it, it had a trunk full of extra parts (many of which I could use NOW).

Board footera