Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 19, 2013 8:22 pm  #31

Re: Member Intro

(cont.)   i apologize , again, for the novel;
       I'm am looking for a 69 Galaxie XL convertible. ( I just LOVE the interior layout,) with a big block, the more bells and wistles, the better. I would prefer it finished or almost finished, it does'nt need to be original, as I might look into some modern upgrades.
    Either that or a 66 Gal. convertible w/ same details. Nothing says 60's style like those double stacked headlights. The 69 is my first choice, because of the ride, driving that car down the interstate at around 75 mph, pulling around 2500 RPM, would be like riding on a CLOUD.
   I have found one of each, and will soon be going to where they are, God willing, for a test ride.
         Thats the plan, anyway.

May 19, 2013 8:38 pm  #32

blue oval me wrote:

I started this new direction toward Galaxies by finishing up on my 1952 Chevy pickup, I have had it since 1992 and it is almost done. With 30,000 original miles I intended to restore it to original everything and keep it.

I'm currently restoring a 65 Chevy C10 shortbed stepside.  It's fun to restore these pickups.

1966 Galaxie 500 2 door 289ci/AT
1965 Chevy C10 Stepside shortbed restoration (in progress) at
http://www.lugnutz65chevystepside.weebly.com

May 20, 2013 7:06 pm  #33

Jayz66 the 65 is a cool truck, very unique and also rare. I live in the Farm Belt and seldom see one sitting around behind a barn. 
    Very cool to restore with tons of aftermarket parts available.

July 19, 2013 9:52 pm  #34

Hello gal lovers! My name is Jason I am a proud owner of a 64 xl 500 that was my dads  high school car! I am currently fixing her up to the way she was before a accident that left me with a mess of a project!!!! I look forward to getting and sharing helpful tips with you all!!!

Jason

July 20, 2013 5:21 am  #35

Welcome Jason.  There's a lot of Galaxie "know how" on this forum.  Just be patient for answers.  Some folks only stop by the forum every now and then.  Pictures always help build interest so show us what you have.  I like the 64.
Jay

400out wrote:

Hello gal lovers! My name is Jason I am a proud owner of a 64 xl 500 that was my dads high school car! I am currently fixing her up to the way she was before a accident that left me with a mess of a project!!!! I look forward to getting and sharing helpful tips with you all!!!

Jason

1966 Galaxie 500 2 door 289ci/AT
1965 Chevy C10 Stepside shortbed restoration (in progress) at
http://www.lugnutz65chevystepside.weebly.com

August 5, 2013 8:49 pm  #36

Hey everyone, I'm new here as well. Just bought a 65 four door hard top. 352, dual exhast with Flomasters, 4 barrel Holley, and lots and lots of issues to work out. I'm with Daze on the restoration thing. I like to modify. And I have plans. I'll be keeping the original look for the most part, but I want a one of a kind rod. I can't wait to get started, and I look forward to sharing the journey with all of you.

August 7, 2013 9:31 am  #37

welcome to the forum.  We are glad to have you and would love to see some pix of your car.

August 13, 2013 1:38 pm  #38

Hi everyone. I'm Stefo from Finland. Its hard to find some Full-size Mercury-forum.
I drive 1967 Mercury Marquis and I just start to working with a convertible project, I look forward to getting and sharing helpful tips with you all.

August 13, 2013 5:29 pm  #39

Welcome aboard Finman, Im happy to see another Mercury Man. I too have a 67 Marquis and I am currently restoring a 68 Monterey. We would love to see pics of your car.

Do some miles, Get some smiles

August 14, 2013 1:07 pm  #40

Pics come when I find mine camera

Board footera