Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 2, 2019 2:57 pm  #1

Need picture please. Doing stock power window conversion on '63 Merc

Hi all, This is my first time here. My name is Les Dabney and I am in Redding, Ca. I would post pictures but don't know how to enter an URL when pix are saved on my computer. My car is pale yellow exterior and black interior. 390 4 barrel with cruiso o matic trans.
  I have a '63 Mercury Monterey Custom 4 door. . I have had it about 6 months. It sat in a garage since 1999 and is very well optioned except for no power windows. It has factory under dash a/c, power breezeway window, swing away wheel, 6 way power seat, tinted glass,  power steering and brakes. I have had to do just about everything you can imagine to get it roadworthy again.
I have bought a complete stock power window set up off ebay and have it ready to start installation. I will be removing front seat for upholstery and replacing carpet at same time.
Does anyone have a 1960 thru 1964 4 door galaxie or wagon with power windows? I need to see a picture of how the wiring harness and its metal cover attach to door or B pillar in the vicinity of hinges. I will need to drill holes in door and B pillar for wire routing .
If someone could open their back door, snap a couple of pix and post them it would be very appreciated!
Thanks!

April 2, 2019 3:54 pm  #2

Re: Need picture please. Doing stock power window conversion on '63 Merc

I figured out how to post pix!

April 3, 2019 12:25 pm  #3

Re: Need picture please. Doing stock power window conversion on '63 Merc

It's been 25 years since I parted out a '63 Galaxie 500XL sedan that had full power; I can't recall how the wiring was routed, unfortunately. I had a service manual then and it had a supplement that covered power options. Hopefully somebody can scan the manual for you and get you rolling (or not rolling) your windows!

Board footera