Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 26, 2017 6:01 pm  #151

Re: Member Intro

Here are the pictures

January 6, 2018 8:02 pm  #152

Hey guys, longtime Ford lover and owner of several Torinos, a Cougar and a '64 Galaxie. I was on a Torino forum earlier this evening and mentioned that I decided not to build our '64 Galaxie 500 and was going to part it out. A few of them advised me to offer it on here to possibly help out someone in need of some good parts. Seems like a good site with plenty of helpful information. Thanks!

May 8, 2018 8:10 pm  #153

I guess I'm currently the last one to register here. Angelo here. Originally, I'm a truck enthusiast but because of the influence of my peers, I also became interested in Ford Torino, Galaxie, Mustang, and Oldsmobile. Here's to hoping I could actually afford to have one this year. 

Last edited by gelofish (May 8, 2018 8:12 pm)

July 11, 2018 11:09 am  #154

Hello All!

I joined here awhile back, but I finally got my 64. I bought one as a kid back in 74 with paper route $$, now it seems they cost just a bit more. 

I picked up a 64 XL HD, by the VIN it is a true XL 390 car, but it has lived as a drag car in Vegas for quite awhile until an old boy in Santa Barbra bought it, changed the gold to white and put it back on the street. 

It is 460/C6 powered, with 3.73's in the spooled and  narrowed 9". The engine I believe is pretty stock, with a Cam upgrade and Holley DP Modified by Pro Systems Racing(and in serious need of rebuild/tuning)

All I know is I am loving the car, and working hard to knock off the rough edges and make it more gentlemanly. 

I guess I cannot post pics.. So I will wait til later to show off. Just imagine a lightweight clone that happens to have the Pro Street look. 

Last edited by WLD_OTZ (July 11, 2018 11:11 am)

August 15, 2018 6:02 am  #155

Hi there from Lisbon, Ohio. My name is Tom and I've been collecting and restoring cars for going on 35 years now. Cut me and I will bleed Chevy orange...I fully admit this. But I've always had a thing for '55-'56 Mercury 2 door hardtops. I stumbled upon a '56 Monterey while perusing Craig's List that peaked my interest and I bought it. Of course I am now on the receiving end of a lot of good natured kidding from other Chevy owning friends for 'buying a Ford' but I can deal with it...lol. I even had a laminated sign made up saying "It's not a Ford....it's a Mercury" but they aren't buying it!

I do like this Mercury though! 

February 28, 2019 7:59 pm  #156

Hello I just joined the forum.  I just started restoring my 1961 Fairlane 500 and this forum looked like it was chocked full of valuable information and friendly folks.  I'm looking forward to the project and maybe one day I will be able to help someone else along the way.

March 1, 2019 11:56 am  #157

Welcome to the forum.  I have a 62 Galaxie which is very similar to what you are working on so don't hesitate to hit me up with any questions.  What is the restoration plan?  modified, stock, race, or something else??  Would love to see some pix.

March 1, 2019 1:26 pm  #158

Thanks for the welcome!  My plan is to do a stock restoration.  I have found a body shop that can do all of the body work which is going to be frame off.  I found a machine shop that can rebuild the 292 Y block.  I'm going to remove and reinstall the engine and do all of the other restoration work myself (besides body work and paint).  I will post pictures once I'm granted that ability (might just have to have two posts and then you can post pictures)?  I've found someone to rebuild the dual action fuel pump and also found someone to redo the instrument cluster.  I'm currently looking for a good transmission shop that can handle the 3 speed manual transmission.  I'm planning on going back with the original Algiers Bronze color.  Probably the only thing that won't be stock will be the wheels.  I pulled the motor last weekend and I'm currently finishing up some additional shelving in my shop to store all of the parts that need to be removed and stored during the restoration process. 

Pictures.

Last edited by finsrn (March 4, 2019 7:06 pm)

March 4, 2019 7:17 pm  #159

Current progress.

March 5, 2019 9:11 am  #160

Looks like a fun project.  I actually parted out a 61 galaxie that was that exact same color.  I still have lots of the parts so if if you need anything let me know I might have it.

Board footera