Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 13, 2019 1:15 pm  #1

Front spoiler/air dam for a -68 LTD?

Is there a spoiler, aftermarket or from another make, that would fit even close to a LTD/Galaxie front bumper? Or is the only choice to make it? I'd like to reduce the amount of air going unnecessarily under the car and engine bay.

LTD Country Squire -68 4.6 2V, F350 CrewCab DRW 7.3 -99

Previous: Galaxie XL Fastback -68, F150 Ranger XLT -81

January 14, 2019 10:34 am  #2

Re: Front spoiler/air dam for a -68 LTD?

I've never seen a front air dam on a stock Galaxie/LTD, certainly of that vintage. I think you'll need to custom fab something, or modify something from a different car. Either way it will be a custom piece. Are you going racing with your car?

January 14, 2019 2:50 pm  #3

Re: Front spoiler/air dam for a -68 LTD?

Won't be racing anything. It'll reduce lift of the nose and improve stability on higher speeds and especially on windy weather. Airflow through radiator improves and there may be a marginal gain in mpg too but those are secondary.

Making one won't be a problem. The end result just depends on how much time I want to use making one from scratch rather than modifying an existing one(if one can be found with a reasonable cost).

LTD Country Squire -68 4.6 2V, F350 CrewCab DRW 7.3 -99

Previous: Galaxie XL Fastback -68, F150 Ranger XLT -81

Board footera