Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 18, 2018 1:54 pm  #11

Re: Clearancing headers, I will never run another set without doing it.

Daze wrote:

I watched some of the other "Engine Masters" episodes on Youtube and I like what they do.  It's unbiased and cuts through the crap.  In another of their videos I was shocked to find that full roller rockers compared to stamped steel rockers add little to nothing in HP and torque and the little bit they add is only around 6000 RPM.

I saw that one, too.  I guess we're just a bunch of suckers, willing to pay for mental horsepower. I will placate myself with the certainty of reduced wear, for longer life, with my roller tip rockers.

Last edited by 70XL (April 18, 2018 1:54 pm)

April 18, 2018 4:42 pm  #12

The way I see it is if you are running aluminum heads you have to run roller rockers so at that point they might as well be full roller.  Other than that what that video showed me is there is no reason to "upgrade" stock heads to a roller rockers.

May 16, 2018 11:28 pm  #13

Interesting insight. 

June 15, 2018 10:50 pm  #14

What brand headers did you use?

June 16, 2018 7:38 pm  #15

Those are just headman shorties for a Mustang and a 302

Board footera