Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 19, 2017 9:05 am  #141

Re: Member Intro

Hey guys. I'm normally in the 4x4 MOPAR forums (Jeep), as my expertise is in rebuilding and repairing 4x4's. I've done jeeps, trucks, you name it. Seems I picked up a somewhat rare car a few years back in a trade, and now I'm thinking I might want to do something with it. It's a 1968 Custom 500 Coupe. It was originally a 5.0 302 2BBL, but that engine is gone. Not much left other than the body, frame, and transmission (C4 I think?) which are in good shape. I can't post pics yet, but I will. I'm thinking if I can find a 390 somewhere to rebuild I may drop that in. I'm planning on making this thing fast and loud! I'm sure I'll be asking many questions. 

July 2, 2017 6:47 pm  #142

That big FE would be fun. You know you can buy stroker kits for the 390. Anyhow, welcome. I look forward to seeing some pics on your progress.

August 17, 2017 2:38 pm  #143

Hello Everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself. I have several Fords but only 1 Galaxie. It is a1961 Starliner.Frame off restoration.... Body work is finished and it is in final primer with doors edges , jambs ,underside of hood, trunk and firewall finished. It will be Glossblack with red '62 or '63 bucket seat interior. Powered now with a crate 390 and T-10, 4 speed.  Pics will come as soon as I figure out how to do that. Really glad to be here!

August 18, 2017 5:56 am  #144

Hello. New member here, just wanted to introduce myself. 68yr. old retired Ford mechanic with more cars than I need to keep me busy. I had a 63 1/2 Galaxie 427 4sp back in 68 but that car is long gone. Current Galaxie is a 61 Starliner. Original z code 390, it now has a 406 3x2 with a toploader 4sp. Car had a lot of problems with it when I got it last year but I'm slowly trying to get it back closer to original. I just picked up a 1960 Ford Courier that will keep me more than busy. Doesn't run, no brakes and a lot of parts inside the car. Real basket case. My last car (that I'm selling to fund the others) is a 57 Ford Custom 300. 292 w/3x2's, G heads, Duraspark ignition and 5sp. I also have a 79 Ranchero but don't think of it as anything special. Hoping I can help out with any advise I might be able to provide here as well as finding parts or offering any parts I might have.

Dan

October 5, 2017 8:59 am  #145

New member here...you can never be a member of too many forums. Searched for 2 years for my 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 XL Convertible with 390, PS, PB. Just replacing worn items.

Patrick

October 6, 2017 6:03 am  #146

Just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself. I am new to the forum because I recently obtained a 65 Country Sedan. Its currently in pieces as the previous owner tore it all down and started working on it and lost interest. Its a factory 289 ,cruise-o-matic, Vintage Burgandy, Palamino interior, 6 seat option. It will be a long process to put the car back on the road but i am looking forward to it. I live in Illinois and enjoy time with my family and friends and anything to do with hotrods, drag racing, and Fords in particular. I also currently own a 1970 1/2 Ford Falcon with a 460, C6 trans, and 9 inch rear. Thanks in advance to all.

October 22, 2017 5:37 am  #147

Hello from a handicapped oklahoma galaxie lover.

i almost got a 65 convertible with a 360fe and automatic convertible. but after the seller insulated my mom i walked away from the deal. really wish they hadn't insulted my mom because it was a vehicle i really wanted. it was in black primer with a black top that definitely needed replaced but far better then some 2000+ mustangs that i have seen. wasn't a holy equipped model with manual windows locks and drum brakes. but it did have the fe big block, automatic and power brakes.

i really hope to get a nice driver one day with okay paint, top, automatic, and power brakes. ill probably add gaberial high jacker shocks so it can ride level when i have my wheelchair loaded on the back. and since i cant find anyone that makes a tow hitch for a galaxie, i'll probably find a local fabrication shop to make a hitch for the sole reason of holding a wheelchair carrier.

October 28, 2017 4:35 pm  #148

Welcome! I hope your search goes well. You might want to go with something other than air shocks on that ride. You can get a spacer for coil springs that will lift it without destroying you upper shock mounts which they will. I have had to weld to many from using them so trying to help you not make the same mistake.

Too bad on that. I will keep my ear to the ground, and if I get a line on one (have a friend that builds/collects Fairlane and Galaxies and always passes on the small block cars for cheap. We got my '65 from him for 6k and it is NICE as well as a '68 small block Cougar from him). He is in IL but if the price is right it is worth a drive or delivery.

November 26, 2017 5:53 pm  #149

Hi guys, I just signed up but I have had Galaxies in my life since the beginning.
I was raised in the back seat of a 1968 Galaxie 500 formal hardtop.
The option was given at the time for my father to buy the fastback, however the lack of headroom and the huge back window stopped that.
Today I have a 1972 LTD I drove most days.
I am in Mexico and the car was imported into Mexico a while back.
I will be acquiring more Galaxies here.
Unfortunately the cars that were made here in Mexico in the '60s and '70s for the most part were made with neither heater nor air.  I live in a hot part of the country so I do need ac.
I will keep you guys updated on the cars I am looking at.
For example I am looking at this 1963 Galaxie 500 Convertible.  It has a factory 406 with a 4 speed.  I don't think it is the original color anymore but it looks complete.
He wants quite a bit of money for the car.  I am not sure what they are worth on the current market.
The car is in Mexico however the ad is in English.  I don't know why.

November 26, 2017 5:57 pm  #150

I am going to try to post two pictures.

Board footera