Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 3, 2013 6:02 pm  #1

Car pic and info.

Hi all, I have owned my 62 Galaxie convertable for 13 years now and had some great times in her with the family.

I restored her about 10 years ago and she is still going strong today.

She's fitted with the later 429 Cobrajet engine (a lot easier to get parts for in Aus, plus it was running a little 289 windsor when I bought it so we thought we'd give her a bit more go!!).

Full custom interior with 4 DVD screens and over 1500watts of music power.

Custon front suspension with disk brakes and 17" Image wheels all round.

Colour is Camman Blue, which was originally use by UK Rover/Honda so no special mix required.

Top is a pinpoint vinal aftermarket one, (actually thinking of upgrading to a cloth top to give her a smarter look, any sugestions on a good supplier in the US would be great).

And that about it, hope you like, look forward to talking to you all about Galaxie stuff.

Cheers

Aaron.

June 3, 2013 6:43 pm  #2

Re: Car pic and info.

Wow! beautiful car, very classy.
   I love the color.

June 4, 2013 9:59 am  #3

Well that sure is a beautiful car!  Talking Galaxie is what we do here.  Looks like your ride is complete and you enjoy it.  Thanks for sharing.

1966 Galaxie 500 2 door 289ci/AT
1965 Chevy C10 Stepside shortbed restoration (in progress) at
http://www.lugnutz65chevystepside.weebly.com

June 4, 2013 2:54 pm  #4

Very nice!

June 4, 2013 4:13 pm  #5

That is a beautiful color!!  Got any pix of the custom interior??

June 4, 2013 6:06 pm  #6

Absolutely lovely looking car.

Where abouts are you? I'm in Perth.

Board footera