Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 26, 2016 10:38 am  #121

Re: Show Me Your Ride(s)

So here's mine in its current state which it will probably stay except for a few detail items:
1965 Galaxie 500 Xl
289 Auto 
9" 3.25 open rear
Power Steering
Non AC
Ivy Gold Interior (needs dash pad, has new carpet, otherwise how it left the assembly line), buckets w/ reclining pass. seat, console.

Last edited by guitar74 (December 26, 2016 10:43 am)

January 9, 2017 8:46 pm  #122

Should be a clickable thumbnail, this photo was taken after one of my sons and I drove it home to California from Minnesota in 2011.

Mostly original.  Dad had the paint refreshed in the early 2000s, fixing stuff his boys did whle learning to drive in it.  The 390 long block was replaced with a Ford reman (green paint) unit about 1972 at 121k miles.  T-10 was rebuilt and a new clutch installed.  That drive train continues to do pretty well after another 100 K miles and 45 years.  Upholstery and carpets replaced with NOS parts and the dash is original with no blemishes.  Ideally, I'll make the time for a new clutch someday.  I still have the window sticker and Dad's orgiinal loan document.

Last edited by pkevins (July 12, 2018 5:48 pm)

Kevin
63 Galaxie 500 Sport Hardtop (aka fastback), z-code, 4 speed, Rangoon Red, White roof, black interior
Was with my dad and brother when he took delivery 30 July 1963

January 10, 2017 6:25 pm  #123

Nice car!

January 11, 2017 6:10 pm  #124

Some great looking rides here.  Hope mine can look as good when I'm done.
So here is my 64 Galaxie 500 XL, I'll be starting on it this spring.  It's kind of a big jigsaw puzzle right now but all the parts are there for it.

January 11, 2017 6:24 pm  #125

I see lots of potential here.  A.C. is great !  Don't let any street rodder convince you to rip it out.
I like those stock rims to hold the deluxe XL wheel covers.  Restored  Galaxies are far and few between.
GOOD LUCK !!  Ref. the 64 fast back in primer

January 11, 2017 7:00 pm  #126

Thank you!  This car will definitely be going all stock right down to the rims & hubcaps.

January 11, 2017 7:51 pm  #127

I don't believe it !!!   99% of the cars in this forum get butchered up.  The owners are considerably
younger then the cars they own. They should have bought Chebys

January 11, 2017 7:55 pm  #128

I have a 59 Galaxie Sunliner convertible.  You can shave in the reflection of the black finish.  The reproduction
interior is to factory specs.  The padded dash is original & perfect.  It's biggest flaw is the replacement 352
is not original.....although it appears to be from a 59.

January 12, 2017 8:59 pm  #129

My name is Richard Henry and I own a 66 Ford Custom 4 door with a 289 v8..My plan is to  let mine stay mostly as is, in a state of arrested decay or rat rod style. I've made slight modifications to the interior and the exterior as well.I would like to know if there is anyone else who is doing a similar style?

January 15, 2017 3:37 pm  #130

guitar74 wrote:

Nice car!

Thanks

Kevin
63 Galaxie 500 Sport Hardtop (aka fastback), z-code, 4 speed, Rangoon Red, White roof, black interior
Was with my dad and brother when he took delivery 30 July 1963

Board footera