Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 7, 2013 4:18 pm  #21

Re: Member Intro

Hey Guys,

My Name is Brett aka Xtra from Las Vegas.  I have a 1966 Ford Galaxie 500 2 door with 390, C6.  It is a new project of mine.  I also own a 1976 Ford F100 Long Bed 2wd and a 1967 Full Restored Ford Mustang Fastback Vintage Burgandy.  First picture is when I first got the car in the second one you can see I changed wheels to magnum 500s.  

Xtra BFMC SoNev

March 7, 2013 4:33 pm  #22

welcome to the forum!!!

March 17, 2013 5:24 am  #23

Hey guys. Im Paul. I live in upstate NY, and have more then enough projects going on!! I have my 72LTD convertible, that im hoping to dig out of the garage this spring. I also have a 70 Mustang coupe that my wifes aunt bought brand new in '70. That car is totaly stripped in the mid stages of a full restroation. Well, it was... Buying some land, building a house, then two kids coming has pushed them bolth to the back burner for about 10 years now. Now that the kids are getting older [6 and 10] its time to get the LTD out, and running agean. So... here I am. :D the "later model" stuff is hard to find, and info harder, but we keep digging!

March 21, 2013 12:21 pm  #24

Hi Yall,
New to the Forum, lurker for a while. Not really good at this "social netwoking or forums thingie", forgive me I keep trying to dial the old 39 Model Ma Bell device and pretty bad at the one finger pecking. No avatar but will pick the 61 in all it's glorius rustHave had for years if I can figgur it out.
Shes a 61 Starliner that had roll bar, FE 390 single 4bb, column shift, no interior carpet and such,
and pulled outta barn to maybe take it back to the race car it was in the era. I,m looking forward to reading the posts, doin a bit of research, and just plain visitin.
Have a good day.
61Zliner

March 21, 2013 4:21 pm  #25

Welcome to the forum.  I am always puzzled as to why there seems to be so few 61 models still around.  Glad you have one to save.  Everyone loves pics.  Post some if you can.
Can you drive your 61, or is it in pieces?
We'd love to hear more about it.

Last edited by Jayz66 (April 1, 2013 10:31 am)

1966 Galaxie 500 2 door 289ci/AT
1965 Chevy C10 Stepside shortbed restoration (in progress) at
http://www.lugnutz65chevystepside.weebly.com

April 1, 2013 10:07 am  #26

Jay66,
Just read over on how to post pics, will try in a few weeks. In the middle of chassis off. It needed it bad. Found it in a field several years back, white, but rusted, still 390 (less intake and carb), still column shift , some sorta new bucket seats (definetly not original), taped steering wheel, braced roll bar, no head lights/tail lights, and so on.

The attempt is to bring it back as the car I once think it was, but history documentation is all but vague, even with the Marti Report suggested by friends a Coffe'nCars, I10 Houston.  

Have started a "build book" for the stages of the sweeheart. Karol Miller lived next door to my uncle in the Berry addition in Pasadena 1960, when he set the record for a stock car at Bonneville 157plus that had my attention as a young man. Loved talking to him about that trip.
I drove a new 60 Orchid Gray Starliner in 60-61, and over the years looked for onelike it to buy, but without luck. When i spotted this one in the bushes and deep grass, the roll bar, taped wheel, and and aluminum lite covers sold me. I have never driven it on the street other that unrestored "rat-rod", she deserves better than that, along with any possible heritage I can establish.
The final hopefully will be a "street driven antique", with as much original as possible, no "retro" or chromey thingies. Looking forward to the next few months, 68 and a bit slower these days.
61Zliner

May 19, 2013 12:10 am  #27

Hi everyone, I just joined The Galaxie Forum. This may sound strange but, I don't own a Galaxie yet.
  I have been looking at 2 different ones recently and intend to have one within the next couple of months.
   I have been a Mopar guy my whole life, but as I've gotten older I have noticed that their is just something about the way a Ford Galaxie looks, so unique and original, they remind me of my youth.
  Sorry that I wrote, "a novel," but I just wanted to tell everyone, thank you, in advance for allowing me to join this site. Rest assured, that I will be, "picking your brains," with all sorts of Galaxie questions in the near future. Thanks again.

May 19, 2013 5:37 am  #28

Welcome!  What year Galaxie do you have in mind?

1966 Galaxie 500 2 door 289ci/AT
1965 Chevy C10 Stepside shortbed restoration (in progress) at
http://www.lugnutz65chevystepside.weebly.com

May 19, 2013 8:39 am  #29

welcome to the forum.  There is nothing wrong with being a MoPar guy.  I think all of the big three have their advantages and disadvantages.  As Jay said what Galaxies are you looking for??

May 19, 2013 2:37 pm  #30

Thank You for the Welcome. I started this new direction toward Galaxies by finishing up on my 1952 Chevy pickup, I have had it since 1992 and it is almost done. With 30,000 original miles I intended to restore it to original everything and keep it.
   As you age, things change and my wife and I decided that the P.U. is impractical to keep as a show and go, driver. We both wanted a finished or almost finished, convertible.
  IMO, Mopar does'nt really have alot of ragtops to choose from, mopars are FAST but they ride and rattle like a lumber wagon on a plank road.  A 60's Galaxie convertible is just perfect, beautiful ride, comfortable interior and the big blocks have plenty of power.
   Nothing mopar makes can compare

Board footera