Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 20, 2013 12:04 pm  #1

Info for Daze ,,,64 dash

As I stated in my other post, the 64' non-padded dash did not use the rectangular trim bezels at the defrost vent openings. Also, a padded model has 6 or 7 small rectangular slots on the r/h side of dash just above the aliuminium trim that runs across it. These slots are for moulded in clips that attach dash pad to dash. Ok, now for the real reason for this post is that I have a nice pair of defrost ducts that you might be interested in. I know that they are hard to find in good shape. Let me know . Don   P/S ducts are secured by a screw at each end of the opening.

WKMA,Ya'll

January 22, 2013 9:03 am  #2

Re: Info for Daze ,,,64 dash

got any pictures of a no pad dash in a car compared to a padded dash???   Not sure what I want to do on this just yet.

January 23, 2013 6:34 am  #3

Daze, I have no pics, but the dashes are the same in appearance. The only difference is the holes for pad clips. Hope this helps some. I have located a 64' 4-door in a junk yard near me and it has a padded dash. I don't know the total condition yet. When the weather gets dried out I've got to go back and get s couple of items. I'm thinking the dash may be in decent shape as the doors and glass are still on the car. Any way food for thought. Take care, Don

WKMA,Ya'll

February 6, 2013 6:33 pm  #4

Havent been on here in a while Daze, sorry.   Wow, lots of changes!

Anyways, have you ever seen the pictures of the dash in my 63?  Its not padded.  It was done by PO, I do not know 100% if the holes were welded up or not.  but I like it better than the padded dash.  I will see if I can find a picture for you.

February 12, 2013 9:03 am  #5

welcome back, it has been a while!!  Did you ever find those pictures of the dash??  I would love to see them.  

February 14, 2013 3:34 pm  #6

Please excuse the dust, my Gal has been down since before Jacksonville.   

February 14, 2013 8:02 pm  #7

thanks for the pix.  can you take one more for me??  can you shoot a closeup of the defrost vents??

February 15, 2013 3:42 pm  #8

Sorry it took me a day to get back to you.  Now that *Ive* seen a picture of it close up, I never noticed how much paint got globbed on the screens.   Im going to pull those screens, black them out.  Otherwise, I think it looks just fine without a dash pad.  I like the smooth look, and after this thread, I now know why so many people have pointed out my dash.  I didnt realize 95% or more of these had padded dashes.

February 17, 2013 12:17 pm  #9

Greg, when you pull the defrost vents out, treat them with care. They're made of molded cardboard type stuff. Dash will definetly look better with the screens sprayed a low gloss black. Don

WKMA,Ya'll

Board footera