Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 8, 2013 3:00 am  #1

new....How's it going?

I just found this site, and i have to say im glad i did. Ive always liked the Galaxies (63's to be specific), and i finally got one in April 2012. Its a 1963 500 convertible, originally triple black, bench, 289 3spd manual. i plan to put the body back to stock but change a lot of other things like; Mustang EFI 5.0 and T5 manual, power steering, and power front disc brakes (maybe even rears too). my other cars are my 1995 mustang GT (my baby) and my 1998 explorer, the people/parts hauler. If you have any questions feel free to ask

February 12, 2013 9:12 am  #2

Re: new....How's it going?

Welcome to the forum!!!  Your plans sound similar to how my car sits currently.  My 62 has a 5.0 and T5 (which I love!!)  and 4-wheel power disc brakes.  Being a 63 you can use 65 post stile Mustang engine mounts to drop the 302 right in (same exact part number as the 63-65 SBF mounts for a Galaxie BUT from most catalogs getting a mustang one is less expensive)  When I put my T5 in I had to fabricate the trans crossmember from scratch.  How do you plan to actuate the clutch:  cable, hydraulic, or by some other means??

February 12, 2013 12:51 pm  #3

Re: new....How's it going?

I'm still bouncing it around in my head on how to do it, but I've been putting a lot of thought into using the pedal assy. from a 94-04 mustang. I hate hydrolic clutches, but love the cable set ups I've had on my mustangs.

Last edited by smallblocksn95 (February 12, 2013 11:33 pm)

Board footera