Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 19, 2013 6:15 am  #21

Re: Show Me Your Ride(s)

Name fits

January 19, 2013 9:44 pm  #22

Hi Jhooch,
You posted a picture back on May 21/12 of your 61, a side shot. Has it been lowered and what size of rim are you running? Love that 4 speed!

January 20, 2013 11:28 am  #23

Thanks. The car is just riding on it's original worn out suspension. The wheels are 15X8 with 235/60R-15 front and 275/60R-15 rear.

1964 Mercury Montclair Marauder 2dr 390, Merc-O-Matic
1964 Galaxie 500 2dr Fastback Nascar clone
1961 Galaxie Starliner 460, C6
1961 Galaxie Club Victoria 2dr 352, 4-speed

January 25, 2013 11:52 am  #24

New toy. 

It's a 4 cylinder, but I'll eventually take care of that.   It might need some paint too. 

January 25, 2013 12:20 pm  #25

4 cylinders?  Then you're half way there!  What are the plans?

1966 Galaxie 500 2 door 289ci/AT
1965 Chevy C10 Stepside shortbed restoration (in progress) at
http://www.lugnutz65chevystepside.weebly.com

January 27, 2013 7:10 am  #26

Jayz66 wrote:

4 cylinders?  Then you're half way there!  What are the plans?

No real plans.  I have a '67 fastback Mustang, and I wish I had 10 of them as an "investment".   I'm a little late for that, so I'm picking up every POS Fox body I see laying around, especially the coupes.  I got this one for 650 and it runs good, gets 29 mpg, and the AC blows ice cold.  I picked up my '67 as a rolling shell for 125 bucks, but that was 25+ years ago, and everybody told me I got ripped off.     After that coat of red paint, they quit saying that.   I could paint this coupe, throw on some extra pony wheels or Weld Drag Lights I have laying around, and everybody's tune would change.  I'll probably push it into the corner with the other ones.  I'm up to 7 Foxes, 1 New Edge, and the '67.  Most of them run and are being used by my wife and daughters and me, but 3 of them are "investments" like this jewel here.    Get 'em while they are cheap !!!! 

I got this one for free when I bought the transmission for 250 bucks.  I asked what he was going to do with the shell, and he said "junk it".    I said, "Junk it at my house.", and he did.   It's a 5.0 LX.  

Gotta have a 200 dollar Capri in the mix:

This stuff is everywhere, and if you have room, snatch 'em up and hold on to 'em.   If nothing else, they are great for parts cars.  We live in the woods, and you can't see any of this stuff from the road or the house.   It's totally surrounded by trees so the wife doesn't have to look at Fred Sanford's place.  

January 27, 2013 2:24 pm  #27

That FORD stepper looks like a 60's era truck.  Here's my back yard.  Wife was thrilled with the idea of the trailer so the stufff under the tarps would be hidden.  The 65 Chevy Stepside is under the cover.  Trailer has parts I've collected from the salvage yard plus a blaster tank and cabinet and compressor etc.  Sure wish I had a shop.

Last edited by Jayz66 (January 27, 2013 2:25 pm)

1966 Galaxie 500 2 door 289ci/AT
1965 Chevy C10 Stepside shortbed restoration (in progress) at
http://www.lugnutz65chevystepside.weebly.com

January 28, 2013 9:58 am  #28

I know what you mean.   It took me years to get a shop, and I would live in it if I wasn't married.      The truck is a '66 F100 with a 352/ 3 on the tree.   Another abandoned project that somebody gave me so they could get it out of their yard.  It would cost more to fix it up than what it's worth.

February 8, 2013 3:37 am  #29

and then the girlfriends 94 GT we just repainted

February 13, 2013 4:58 pm  #30

Hi everyone.  I am brand new here today and it will take me a little while to learn my way around and post some pictures.  I have a 1959 Galaxie 2 door sedan purchased about 5 years ago from the grandson of the original owner,  She is special because my grandfather had one like it (albeit a 4 door) that was the same color and everything,  He gave it to my brothers and me when he bought a new 67 LTD.  I always thought it was a beautiful car and vowed to find one someday to bring back old memories.  This car has 42K original miles documented by service receipts etc.  It's untouched except for the front seat reupholstered with SMS original materials and some maintenance items.  My other old car is a 64 Lincoln Continental - also a one owner survivor.

Look forward to getting to know you.  Until I can upload some pictures, please check out my youtube links in my signature.

Last edited by ChadGasket (February 13, 2013 4:59 pm)

Board footera