Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 1, 2013 8:34 pm  #1

Brake hose from Master Cylinder - 66 Galaxie

on November 18, 2012, 4:13 pm, Jayz66 wrote:

I need advice please. I'm about ready to replace my brake master cylinder. I have manual brakes, all drum, and a single reservoir MC. The MC has a hose connecting it to the first tee connection at the front driver's side frame rail. I can't find a replacement hose like the one on my car and am thinking that I can just use hard line to replace it. I plan on installing a dual reservoir MC, so I am fairly certain I can use hard lines the whole way, but I thought it'd be a good idea to check with some people here first.

on November 19, 2012, 3:34 pm, DaveCole wrote:

Yes, you can use a hard line. As a matter of fact, I have never seen a rubber line from the master cylinder like is in the picture. There are many videos on the internet showing how to make your own lines, or you may be able to buy pre-bent lines. I'm not familiar enough with the 66 cars to know for sure.

on November 19, 2012, 4:59 pm, Jayz66 wrote:

I'm sure I can fabricate a new hard line. I just finished replacing all the hard lines, junction tees, and brake hoses on my 1965 Chevy truck. I bought one of the best flaring tools I could find and every flare comes out perfect.

on November 23, 2012, 8:23 am, jeff hann wrote:

I'm pretty sure you can use a dual reservoir MC from a '67 with drums.

On my '66, I used the front disc brakes from a 78 Tbird and an MC from a Ford truck with manual brakes. The truck and Tbird use the same calipers. They work great.

on November 23, 2012, 5:39 pm, Jayz66 wrote:

Did you use the front spindles from the 78 Tbird too?

on November 24, 2012, 9:13 pm, jeff hann wrote:

Yes. They bolt right up to the ball joints, but you need a specific outer tie rod end. I think it is from a '69 or '70 Galaxie. Google is your friend here..........

You need to get the right thread size with the right stud size.

Again. Google it.   

on November 25, 2012, 7:51 am, DaveCole wrote:

On my 62, I used the 78 Tbird spindles and just used 78 outer tie rod ends too. They threaded right into my existing tie rod couplers.

Board footera