Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 15, 2013 10:52 pm  #41

Re: Show Me Your Ride(s)

My pleasure, they remind me of the BBS mesh wheels you find on alot of the time on newer BMWs, but with an older feel. Thanks for the info and the tip. 

September 15, 2013 11:06 pm  #42

I Love all the big bodies around here. Here my 67 Mustang coupe: 

Was a 6, now an 8. Rebuilt in the 90's and not driven much besides car shows/cruse-ins. I put in a currie LSD 8 inch with 3:55s, and some stock style 11.3 inch disc brakes up front to get to 5 lugs. Cleaned up some stuff, got rid of the pop eye and superman decals as well. My plans are for a rebuilt 16:1 steering box, Chassis stiffeners, some new rear leafs, nicer shocks and roller suspension, a T-5 of course, and sn95 disc brakes on the rear. Probably in that order. Other interior stuff too as i get around to it.

Was this:

Now looks like this:

Last edited by Corson (September 15, 2013 11:08 pm)

September 16, 2013 10:54 am  #43

The '67 is my favorite year Mustang.  I currently own 3 T5 trannys - all Chevy versions.  Lets's just say I can't decide what to do, so I like having options.  Ha!

1966 Galaxie 500 2 door 289ci/AT
1965 Chevy C10 Stepside shortbed restoration (in progress) at
http://www.lugnutz65chevystepside.weebly.com

September 19, 2013 7:02 pm  #44

Here's my attempt at posting a picture......

September 19, 2013 7:08 pm  #45

Looks like the first one showed up, so here's another. Recently painted the firewall and frame. Still much to do.

November 19, 2013 4:36 pm  #46

Hey everyone I just joined the forum today. Here are some pics of my 69 Galaxie 500 that I bought back in August 2013. The first 3 pics are the day I picked it up. It had no engine in it. The bottom pics are how is it currently. I dropped in a 351W.

1969 Ford Galaxie 500, 351 Windsor

November 19, 2013 5:17 pm  #47

Welcome to the Forum!  Nice ride.  Tell us about the plans you have for your car.

1966 Galaxie 500 2 door 289ci/AT
1965 Chevy C10 Stepside shortbed restoration (in progress) at
http://www.lugnutz65chevystepside.weebly.com

November 19, 2013 8:57 pm  #48

nice car!!!  I especially like the look and lines of the inset back window.   I have always liked that look on the mid 60 Chevys, and  din't know ford did that.  What are your plans for the car??

November 22, 2013 11:52 am  #49

Thanks for the comments everyone! Pretty much how you see the car is how is it going to stay. I will be repainting next spring but keeping it the same red. The interior will need to be re-done courtesy of the Nevada sun. It came stock with manual steering and drum brakes. So far I upgraded to power steering with a steering box from a 81 Lincoln Town Car.

1969 Ford Galaxie 500, 351 Windsor

January 19, 2014 9:01 pm  #50

I deperately want this car. But you all might be able to tell me what I might offer for it. I have more pic-IM me if you have an opinion or post it here directly.

I also have this on deck:

This my weekend warrior:

And this is the one I have at the shop currently being worked on:

Board footera