Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 16, 2017 1:21 am  #1

Toyota or Ford

I just sold my toyota fortuner years 2006 for 420.000 B.I want to spend no more than 1.3 MB.But i still really interesting about buy a new ford everest.I just come back to the show room,and get a best offer.
They want to sell a ford everest model 2016 3.2 4 WD full option with 6600 km on the clock for 1.34 MB this is a test drive car.So normally this car cost 1.7 MB up this is a good opportunity.
When i compere with the new fortuner 2.4 2 WD AT this car cost 1.4 MB.The ford look more spacious inside,i know about the resale toyata are a best seller.I don't fear about the customer service,i have a doubt only if some problem happen do you find the parts easily ?
So there is some one of you own a ford right now.If yes tell me what you fell and thinking about this car.
Thank you.

November 17, 2017 5:42 pm  #2

Re: Toyota or Ford

After owning an '07 Camry SE, I would go Ford. Although a decent car, it was overpriced (32k is ridiculous for what I got was talked into going Japanese by coworker), the issues I had with service depts (got a refund for extended warranty and service plans after raising hell with corporate), relatively poor gas mileage compared to my v6 tbird (non sc 3.8-25 mpg best with Camry, 31 mpg best with bird), the fact that what I considered a relatively slow tbird would outrun it with nothing more than a cold air kit, and the price of replacement parts (from a cost of ownership perspective you might as well step up and go German when you buy parts).

I traded it in on a Fiesta S, and even though it isn't apples to apples, the Fiesta gets better mileage (41 on our last trip to IL), rides better, handles WAY better, has more headroom for a tall guy like me, and has been a trouble free car for half the price. By the way, that na 1.6 in that little beer can will smoke my 2.4 Camry. Only time I ever wasted my money on an import. The "quality" myth is just that. If you service everything at the recommended intervals, don't drive the hell out of it where it is hitting Redline through the first three gears every time you take off, etc, there is no advantage. The import will tear up just the same. We drove my wife's '97 Cavalier for 16 yrs with no issues. And those cars had a rep for being garbage.I have had a '95 F-150 for sixteen yrs. With the exception of a torque converter three yrs ago, have had no issues and it just turned 220,000 miles.

It IS a 300 straight six though. One of the best truck engines ever built. Go American. And by American, I don't mean the two that got bailed out at my expense. Technically Dodge is Fiat (talk about about a crappy brand. Anyone hear about the broken timing set issues with the hemis.), and those Chevy so called non actors pretending to be impressed (look up mark or mahk making fun of those commercials on YouTube if you need a good laugh also his movantik parody is a riot).

Anyhow, didn't mean to get on my soap box. Just one man's opinion, and we all know what opinions are like....

Board footera