Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 14, 2017 12:58 pm  #11

Re: '63 Galaxie "Box-Top" newbie

Hey guys,
I need some more assistance. I had gotten my clock back; it looks great, works great. Major props go out to"Clockworks". Great job guys.. Thanks for the heads up from the forum member..
The issue is that the light appears not to be working. I assume the plug for the light taps into the junction female with 2 others. Anybody happen to have any pics??? The wiring diagram just shows going from bulb to junction. What am i  Missing?
Anybody near have any 7" 15" oem ford wheels? A link? something. Every time I search it is always gm style wheels. I want the ford wheels so I can swap out baby moons and dog dish center caps...

September 14, 2017 11:01 pm  #12

Re: '63 Galaxie "Box-Top" newbie

FWIW, I put 15x7 with 4.25 backspace supplied by Wheels Vintique (bought from Summit Racing) on my '66 Mustang several years ago when I upgraded to CSRP's disk brake kit. The series 62 (upper right corner of the link below) are coated with gray primer; I cheaped out and did not have them power coated, which would be a mistake except that car is quite a plain driver cosmetically.  Spray bomb black with clear coat is just OK.
https://www.summitracing.com/search/brand/wheel-vintiques?N=4294920860%2B4294920795%2B4294920832%2B4294947558&GroupBy=ProductName&GridPageSize=96&SortBy=Default&SortOrder=Ascending
IThe 68-73 Ford Motor Company (wth the outer black circle) dog dish hubcaps fit very well.  They look as original as any Ford products I've seen; lots on eBay.

Last edited by pkevins (September 14, 2017 11:01 pm)

Kevin
63 Galaxie 500 Sport Hardtop (aka fastback), z-code, 4 speed, Rangoon Red, White roof, black interior
Was with my dad and brother when he took delivery 30 July 1963

Board footera