Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 22, 2013 8:09 am  #1

Interior color change

Does anyone have a good one stop shop for interior parts for 64 galaxie xl? I want to go from white to black so I will work with the new exterior color! Thanks Jason

August 22, 2013 10:00 am  #2

Re: Interior color change

Dearborn has most of these parts but they are expensive.  also ebay is a good source.  have you ever thought of using vinyl die??  My interior was cream, salmon and burgundy and I used black a white vinyl die on the seats and door panels with fantastic success.

August 23, 2013 4:39 pm  #3

Thanks daze! Did you have any before and after pics? How has it held up?

August 23, 2013 9:00 pm  #4

I tried to find some pix, I know I have some, but cant seem to find them.  When I was done they looked like they came off the show room floor in black and white.  I have had them like that for about 5 years, and there are now a few places that could be touched up but they are few and far between.  As long as you clean the vinyl really really well it works fantastic.

August 24, 2013 8:28 am  #5

Cool thanks! I will have to look into it! Need to go from white to black!

Board footera