Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 6, 2013 6:46 pm  #1

I took a baseball bat to my galaxie

Yes I was frustrated, but not I didn't beat on the car with the bat.    

A couple of years ago I purchased a "used" set of tires and rims.  I use the term "used" lightly because basically they were completely new with almost no miles on them.  The back rims are 17" X 8"... maybe 9" which meant getting them on the car was a challenge especially since the 62 wheel opening is not a full rond curve to match the tires.  There was plenty of room for them once I got the tires past the rear fender lip, but there was barely enough room to get the tires in there.  Anyway I took the tires and rims off because I was doing some work to the car and didn't want the wheels and rims to get messed up.  One of the things I did was swap the rear drum brakes out for disc brakes. Long story short today wen I went to put the good tires and wheels back on the disc brake hub and caliper were taking up some of the space I needed to get the tires up in to the wheel well.  The solution was to use the tires already on the car and the afore mentioned baseball bat to gradually role the fender lip.  Worked great and now the tires are easy to get on and off.  Plenty of room!!

Board footera