Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 5, 2016 7:33 pm  #21

Re: What was your very first car?

I was in the Navy in 1971 and going back to West PAC for another cruise and had been saving my money.  While in on the cruise I had my dad order a new car for me.  It  was a "72" Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus wuth a 318 and bucket seats.  The car came in a month before we got back so my Dad picked it up.  When I got home he met me at the airport with the car and I drove it home.  I looked at the mileage and it showed 1200 miles.  I asked about that and he said " somebody had to break it in"..  He had been driving it for a month.  So much for my first new car.

Pete

Pete
1968 Ford XL Convertible
Iowa City, IA

September 7, 2016 6:26 am  #22

Re: What was your very first car?

Well pjmarko, look at it this way - you being of a young age and likely a bit 'heavy-footed', he probably did you a favor by breaking it in more gently than you might have.

Board footera