Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 9, 2016 10:09 am  #1

Brake bleed nipples

Hi this may be a trivial question but does anyone know what size thread the bleednipples are for 67 galaxies fastback? As I live in england I think the norm is in metric. Thanks

May 11, 2016 8:54 am  #2

Re: Brake bleed nipples

Mick cockerill wrote:

Hi this may be a trivial question but does anyone know what size thread the bleednipples are for 67 galaxies fastback? As I live in england I think the norm is in metric. Thanks

Fellow 1967 Galaxie 500 Fastback owner here.  I looked up the brake bleeders for our cars and I believe the thread size is 3/8"-24. According to Summit Racing, these should fit:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/rus-639590/applications/year/1967/make/ford/model/galaxie

Summit Racing has the lowest price of the several sources I looked at, around $22 USD plus shipping for all four (two pair). If you prefer standard bleeders over the speed bleeders, these are only $6 for two pair:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/rnb-13901/applications/make/ford/year/1967/model/galaxie

Hope this helps.

By the way, was your car imported in 1967 with right hand drive, or is it a US model with left hand drive?

Last edited by Boogyman (May 12, 2016 6:22 am)

May 15, 2016 6:47 am  #3

Do you mean the bleeder wrench size on the wheel cylinders? Usually 3/8" or 5/16" for those.

May 31, 2016 9:10 am  #4

So did any of that info help, Mike?

May 31, 2016 9:17 am  #5

Boogyman wrote:

So did any of that info help, Mike?

Thanks boogeyman helped a lot . Been having trouble trying to post pics of my ride as I know you too have a 67 galaxie. Will keep trying and thanks again.

May 31, 2016 9:30 am  #6

Glad to hear it helped. Just curious, is your '67 left or right hand drive? I think Ford made a re-badged right hand drive model for Australia, but were any built for export to the UK?

May 31, 2016 9:39 am  #7

Boogyman wrote:

Glad to hear it helped. Just curious, is your '67 left or right hand drive? I think Ford made a re-badged right hand drive model for Australia, but were any built for export to the UK?

Left hand drive. It's like trying to drive an aircraft carrier over here lol

May 31, 2016 9:53 am  #8

Lol - yep us Yanks loved our 'widebody' land yachts, especially in the 50s, 60s, and 70s. They did have their advantages though, many of us lost our virginity in that nice big back seat.
Cars these days may be more efficient, but they all look like a bar of soap with wheels... and they're too damned small!

May 31, 2016 6:08 pm  #9

They were Galaxies here in Australia too, not rebadged. Ford Australia sold them from around 1963/64 until 1972.

June 1, 2016 7:43 am  #10

63gal427 wrote:

They were Galaxies here in Australia too, not rebadged. Ford Australia sold them from around 1963/64 until 1972.

Thanks, I was wondering about that. How does that work with it being basically the exact same car (except RHD) but made by an Australian company? I know that there were/are Chevy-based models built in Oz as well, by a company named Holden. Is Holden owned by General Motors, and is the Ford in Australia owned by the US Ford company? It's confusing...

Also, I know there is a UK company named Ford which makes (I think) some models which are uniquely British, and some models based on US models. Can anyone clear this up?

Board footera