Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 11, 2013 10:56 am  #1

Hawaii Five-O (almost) all black '72 Marquis Brougham sedan

Is this Steve McGarrett's triple black Marquis sedan from Five-O? I wished it was but it is as close as you can come to the real deal. The only triple black Marquis Brougham I have ever found and in fabulous bone stock original condition...ready to restore as stock to honor that great TV series from the late 60's and 70's or make her into one incredibly cool radrod!

here are the specs
>460ci v8 with 4v carb & C6 trans
>59800 original miles
>pillar post style hartop sedan
>all available power options (P Windows, P Seat, P Locks, AC, Cruise, Tilt)
>original owner from Bremerton area then sold locally there and I bought her a year ago

heres the good
>runs stong and whisper quiet
>new carb and brakes
>100% there...I mean 100% and all factory matching original stock.
>perfect glass!
>great interior (seats, door panels, headliner all fine w/ exception of two small holes in driver's seat)
>dash in excellent condition (no cracks or other blems)
>power seats work fine
>excellent body with minor dents and very minimal rust in lower fenders only...super solid floors!
>really good chrome and stainless steel trim with only a few bings...front bumper is perfect & rear bumper is very good
>headlight doors work

here's the bad
>issues with power windows at this time which I am working on at present
>AC not hooked up but would expect needs full servicing
>gas sender bad so no fuel level on dash
>cruise control not working
>power locks buggy
>steering wheel cracked
>front carpet sun faded
>very slight sunfading in front seats & small holes on side of driver's seat as mentioned above
>tires only fair to good condition
>a few bings in the body and trim and a couple of rust spots in lower fenders but very minor and easily fixed
>some rust bubbles under vinyl roof and material shrunken so will need new top eventually but existing top is not torn or ripped

here's the ugly
>she deperately needs paint! it's in terrible condition and being black everything shows from 20feet.

If this car was any other color combination, she just would not have the appeal that all black does. A true 70's ganster ride but don't say it too loud or the ghost of Jack Lord might smite you down. EIther for good or bad, this is a sexy bad assed ride. On top of that, this car is an easy restoration which I would do myself but I but another classic car which is priority for me so this bad girl needs to go down the road to the next lucky contestant...which is YOU!

I'm planning to take to take the Merc to the Monroe Swap Meet on the weekend after next to put in the car corral there but in case someone wants a shot at her first, I am available to show the car most anytme. Please don't lowball me tho because I am not pressured to sell yet I will entertain reasonable cash offers. More photos are available at Flickr.com at S. McGarrett photostream and local delivery possible.

Car is located in Mt Vernon, WA.  If interested, please email mdunatov@yahoo.com of leave a message at 360-seven 5 five-three 9 seven 3

Board footera