Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 4, 2013 6:21 pm  #1

"caution fan" chrome piece

Years ago I parted out a very rusty 66 or 67 colony park wagon to get its 410 engine for my torino. Above the radiator was a chrome finger protector? thing about ten inches wide by maybe six inches deep that has an orange sticker on it that says "caution fan". I have looked around the net at full size mercs of this vintage and could not find any that had anything similar. Was this a factory piece? It has been sitting at my shop for years and was wondering if there is any demand for it if it is indeed a factory part. Any help would be great. Thanks.Gary.

May 8, 2013 10:51 am  #2

Re: "caution fan" chrome piece

I've always seen the "Caution Fan" sticker on the fan shroud. I don't think I've seen the chrome piece you describe, but Mercury seemed to do things a little different. Post a picture and we can see what you've got.

May 8, 2013 7:31 pm  #3

Re: "caution fan" chrome piece

Thanks for your reply-I will get over to my shop this weekend and get a pic to post. Thanks again! Gary.

Board footera