Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 26, 2013 6:12 pm  #11

Re: hydroboost possible?

The work you are doing to your 62 Galaxie looks great!  I just did a T5 swap on my 68 fast back.  Got rid of the old toploader three speed and the column shift.  I do have a question.  I saw that you suggested cutting the non splines end off of the 28 splined slip yoke for the toploader trans.  I noticed that the longer slip yoke slid right in place and did not seem to contact anything even with the added length of the nonsplined section.  Why does the nonsplined section need to be cut?  I am just curious as I like to keep all of my parts intact just incase I ever want to put the car back into a stock configuration.  I have been driving my car with the spline intact with no noises or issues.  This is a new swap so I have not driven the car more then 100 miles or so.  If I am going to cause damage by not cutting the slip yoke down I would appreciate a heads up.

June 27, 2013 8:29 pm  #12

Re: hydroboost possible?

There is a drain hole inside  the case of the T5 that gets blocked by the extra length on the yoke.  Ford used the same yoke for lots of things from automatics to manuals so if you so not want to cut the one you have you should be able to find a replacement unit for fairly cheep.

Board footera