Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 6, 2015 2:23 pm  #1

Looking for 67 Galaxie 500

Hello Galaxie 500 lovers my name is tracey and I am looking for my first and only classic car.   I have been looking at classics seriously for about a year.    I have always been a FORD guy and recently fell back in love w/the Galaxie 500s.  I first fell for them back in the 60s when I was 11.     My favorites are the 63 and the 67 hardtops. Especially the 67.   I am not having much luck finding already restored 67s that are for sale.   As a matter of fact I have only found one in my price range (up to 30,000) but the seller wants 29,900 and everything I have seen or read tells me he is asking too much and might be trying to make a chump of me regarding the features and condition of the car.   I am in Idaho and the seller is in PA so I cant just drive over there and have a look.   Am I not looking in the right places or is it just that I dont know what the heck I am doing?    Or are they just exceedingly rare?   Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Last edited by tracey (April 6, 2015 2:25 pm)

April 6, 2015 3:47 pm  #2

Re: Looking for 67 Galaxie 500

Welcome to the forum.  I agree 30K seams a little high especially if it is not a convertible.  I did a search on www.CCTOL.com and found 5 listings. There is beautiful blue one for 18,500 in AZ.  I think the one in PA you are looking at was also listed there, nice car but not 30K nice.  What is most important to you, price? reliability? drivability? originality??  Often times you have to compromise one to get the other.  Having a better idea of exactly what you want and what is most important will make finding the right car a lot easier.  The other thing I recommend is patients.  Don't setal for the car you sort of want because it seams to be a good one.  Weight for the car theat meets your needs the best.

April 8, 2015 5:24 pm  #3

Re: Looking for 67 Galaxie 500

would you be interested in a '66 ?   I"m composing a for sale ad right now.

you can contqct me @ zray289@gmail.com

Z.

'66 Galaxie 500

'65 HiPo Mustang

Board footera