Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 15, 2013 12:11 pm  #1

What mufflers are you running???

on July 21, 2012, 6:06 pm, Daze wrote:

I am redoing the exhaust as part of my engine replacement and I am trying to decide if I want something a little louder. The mufflers that were on it I only installed a few years back. they were generic parts store turbo type mufflers. They gave a nice low rumble but were not very loud. My Mustang has glass packs and they are to loud for the Galaxie as it is a cruiser, but listening to the way it sounds right now with just headers makes me think I may want something a little louder than the turbo mufflers. So what are you running how does it sound and how loud is it??

on July 21, 2012, 9:47 pm, Don R wrote:

Daze, I'm runnin' Magna-Flows that are 18" long with 2&1/2 inlet and outlet on my 445 64' Gal. They are throaty at idle and I don't know how they sound going down the road as I haven't allowed any other drivers. I do know that the x-pipe makes a nice F-1 type sound at 4 to 5k rpms. Don

on July 22, 2012, 7:00 pm, bowmaks wrote:

I have glasspacks with no H pipe on my 65 Galaxie running a 289. Pretty loud for a cruiser.

on July 23, 2012, 11:47 pm, jhooch wrote:

Running the classic Flowmasters behind a couple FE's, they sound great, my Bronco has a Magnaflow which also sounds really good. My 61 Galaxie has like 3 foot long glasspacks and it's way too quiet. I'd run open exhaust if I could get away with it. Guess you have to be a Harley owner to get those perks.

on July 24, 2012, 8:54 am, Daze wrote:

I get the impression you like your cars loud    

on July 29, 2012, 3:42 pm, jeff hann wrote:

on the 390 in my Galaxie. My Grandma would love it if she was still alive. I have Flowmasters on the 460 in my 4x4, but I have heard they rob power on the bigger motors. I love the sound of them though. Flowmasters on my 5.0, but they are a different style than the truck and much quieter for daily driving.

on August 17, 2012, 12:22 pm, Bockwinkle wrote:

flowmasters behind my 390

January 15, 2013 12:14 pm  #2

Re: What mufflers are you running???

After looking at what everyone else is using and listening to lots of online recordings I ended up going with Dynomax Ultra Flo Welded Mufflers.

January 15, 2013 1:03 pm  #3

Great info to have.... Thanks

January 17, 2013 5:57 am  #4

3 1/2in Spin Tec & Boyce boom tubes....Hooker headers

August 19, 2013 3:02 pm  #5

I'm planning on putting on Spintech Super Pro Street 9000's on my 64 in the nesar future, most agressive street muffler out there. Going to run 3" oval exhaust also.   Looing into headers as well for by 352 with AC thats bored .30 over. Need a more agressive carb too.   All this after I complete the rest of the car...its getting close now too.

Board footera