Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 8, 2014 3:55 am  #71

Re: Show Me Your Ride(s)

Really nice car, Wicked - love that bench seat 4 speed. A "Z" code car originally? Looks great!

Last edited by Glenn M. (May 8, 2014 12:07 pm)

May 8, 2014 6:48 am  #72

Thanks Glen.  Yep...It's a Z code 390 4v.  Hoping I'll make the time this weekend to get some more pics with the wheel change as well as some of the other little things I've done so far like swapping the 8-track radio for Custom AutoSound retro radio and stuff I've done under the hood.

Dave

61 Galaxie Sunliner 390 4 Speed; 67 Fairlane 500 XL 289/C4; 68 Ford F100 6 cyl/3 Speed; 68 LeMans Convertible 350 4 Speed; 70 Lemans Coupe 350/350; 72 Ford Bronco

May 8, 2014 7:15 am  #73

Tagalong wrote:

hey Daze just wanted to post an update on my red 65 convertible. I finally pulled the trigger and decided on the motor and tranny for the old girl .I'm putting a 5.9 cummins and 5 speed OD manual in her . I want to cruise this car cross country and pull iether a camper or a trailer with the motorcycles on it so this seemed the obvius choice to me and still be able to make plenty of power along with the mileage. plus being very unique. ive had it in and out 4 times so far and will probably have it in a hundred more times before it finaly lands there for good. i had the whole 3/4 ton truck to take parts from so I have the hydrulic brakes and pump all the clutch pieces to make it work .
I'll post more as we get deeper into this . I cant wait to have her on the road

Love this!!!!  Please post lots of pix and info as this project progresses.  I am all about retrofitting and this kind of mod is very cool.

May 8, 2014 7:18 am  #74

Welcome to the forum.  that is a nice car!!!  Cant weight to see more pix and get to know you and your car better.  Again welcome!!

May 17, 2014 3:17 pm  #75

Hello Everyone.
Finally I was able to stroke one item off of my bucket list when I bought a 64 Galaxie.
I am the second owner, the original old fellow had her resting beside the garage. 
When I looked at her first time, was burried under 3 feet of snow in December at -20 
We put a used battery in it and she fired up after 30 seconds of furious foot pounding.

Yesterday I ordered 4 wheel disc kit. I have the new wheels and tires already mounted. Headers will go in next week. Rust repair and paint to be completed next winter in the garage. I plan to keep her Wimbledon White.

My wife once asked me why I only liked old ugly cars.
I truly did not know how to safely answer the question.

May 18, 2014 4:58 am  #76

Hi I have a 64 Galaxie sedan with a 390 in it it was Australian delivered RHD car it was delivered with an Edsel dash and it looks like 59 trim on the dash.
I seem to be having trouble posting pics.

Last edited by Gazza (May 18, 2014 5:11 am)

A Galaxie is for the stars how come I have one?
1664 Galaxie 4 door
1971 Falcon Ute
1968 Morris Mini

May 18, 2014 7:30 am  #77

1shot & Gazza Welcome to the forum!!!!   Would love to see pix pof both of your cars. After you have made 3 posts the forum will allow you to post pix.

May 18, 2014 11:03 am  #78

ok lets see if this works... 

Yup - As she sits... 

Last edited by 1shot (May 18, 2014 11:06 am)

My wife once asked me why I only liked old ugly cars.
I truly did not know how to safely answer the question.

May 20, 2014 11:33 pm  #79

Last edited by Gazza (May 22, 2014 1:35 am)

A Galaxie is for the stars how come I have one?
1664 Galaxie 4 door
1971 Falcon Ute
1968 Morris Mini

May 23, 2014 8:39 pm  #80

Thats a great looking car.  Seams like a lot of people are all about the 2-door cars but a good 4-door is just as good IMHO

Board footera