Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 20, 2014 9:16 pm  #51

Re: Show Me Your Ride(s)

lots of nice rides guys!

January 20, 2014 9:19 pm  #52

here's my 60 galaxie 2dr sedan.

February 10, 2014 9:10 am  #53

I don't think I have ever seen a 60 from behind.  I new what it looked like from the front (from pix) but I have never seen one in person and this is the first pix I sean from the rear.  Its amazing how much the car changed from 60 to 61.

February 24, 2014 7:40 pm  #54

Here's a couple pictures of my 1967 Ford Galaxie 500. These are a couple years old so I'll have to take a few new ones this summer.

1967 Ford Galaxie 500, convertible, factory A/C, 289, 3 speed with overdrive. 

***Currently for sale***

February 24, 2014 7:51 pm  #55

thats a beautiful car!!  I especially like the dark green and the white top.  Welcome to the forum!!!

February 24, 2014 8:04 pm  #56

Thank you! The car has a 289 and 3 speed on the tree. I would like to at least change the car over to a 4 speed on the floor.

***Currently for sale***

February 24, 2014 8:09 pm  #57

This is the newest picture I have of the car. This was taken last summer after the local car show.

***Currently for sale***

February 24, 2014 8:23 pm  #58

ever thought of putting a 5-speed in the old gal??  I put a T5 in my Galaxie and it really woke the car up as I only have a 302 in my car.  The over drive gives me great highway speeds and is allowing me to go with lower rear gears.  I am soon going to upgrade from 3.00:1 to 3.50 which will really help me get all that steel moving.  Any way going with a T5 is just as easy as the 4-speed and gives more options, probably be easier to find too.

Dieselholic92 wrote:

This is the newest picture I have of the car. This was taken last summer after the local car show.

oh its a virt, I didn't realize that from the other pix.  Great looking car!!!

February 24, 2014 8:34 pm  #59

I guess I didn't even think about that! I have been looking on and off for a toploader from a galaxie for a year or two and haven't had any luck in the local area. There is a mustang, galaxie, thunderbird salvage yard about 15 miles from me, and they haven't had one since the early 2000s. Did you buy a new T5 or a used one? The 3 on the tree has been nothing but headaches. The overdrive never stays working, and the shift linkage has jammed between gears a few times even though everything is tight and lubricated.

***Currently for sale***

February 24, 2014 8:54 pm  #60

I bought mine used and put a rebuild kit in it and a few other upgrades.  86-93 Mustang all are great donor cars BUT the 90-93 transmissions are stronger.  I used the T5 mustang bellhousing, clutch and flywheel, set up a hydraulic clutch, modified the trans crossmember and had to have the driveline lengthened.  It sounds like a lot but it really was a fairly simple and straightforward install.

Board footera