Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 1, 2014 6:39 am  #91

Re: Show Me Your Ride(s)

Gazza wrote:

Hi Nice ride
Gotta be happy with that look

Thanks Gazza. I see you have a Morris. You don't happen to need any parts for it do you? I have a bunch of British stuff available.

LJ

July 1, 2014 5:26 pm  #92

Nice ride LJ!

July 1, 2014 8:12 pm  #93

Eric21477 wrote:

Nice ride LJ!

Thanks Eric. It is lots of fun to cruise in.

July 2, 2014 1:27 am  #94

Hi LJ
I don't need mini parts at the moment besides your a long ways from here, mini parts are reasonable to get here. Besides the Galaxie seems to be sucking up any spare cash I have

Cheers
Gazza

A Galaxie is for the stars how come I have one?
1664 Galaxie 4 door
1971 Falcon Ute
1968 Morris Mini

July 17, 2014 7:53 am  #95

Here's a Lucille, a 1972 Galaxie 500 Country Sedan that I'm getting ready for a German friend's 4,000 mile US roadtrip in October. She has only 30k miles and is in very good shape for her age.

July 19, 2014 6:21 am  #96

Good day Everybody. Here are some pics of our car. It is a 68 Galaxie500 2 door hardtop. Trying to turn it into an XL model , with a few things left to do, such as convert it to a console shift ,and a few trim pieces. Otherwise it is restored. Rebuilt the transmission this year, and did an XL taillight swap also. The heart of the old Gal is a 428 FE big block with pre-1960 stlye 390 truck heads (big valves like a cj head), C7AE block and CJ internals. I like to call it a "poor mans Cobra Jet".

Really like this website as it has tons of great info on old Fords!

August 25, 2014 11:09 am  #97

Ok, since I don't get on here often anymore I never got my pics up.

1964 Galaxie 500 as I bought it:

Had a 390/C6 but got replaced by 302/4spd.  Made a quick driver out of it before the next year when this all happened:

Got stripped to bare metal, full paint job, 302 got replaced with 390 and this:

Never be a fancy show car, but a nice driver:

Then my other hot rod:
1964 Country Sedan:

Was a 289/3spd OD car with 70K miles.  one owner that couldn't give it away due to having THREE pedals in it.  This pic was 1992 when I bought it.  Just put radial tires on it, removed the big white mudflap from the back bumper and installed a toploader 4spd.

A few years later it turned into a race car.  Didn't cut anything up, found glass fenders, hood and bumpers, running a 428/doug nash 5spd.  Currently best ET is 10.86 at 122 mph:

September 17, 2014 1:09 pm  #98

There are some beautiful Galaxies here

September 17, 2014 1:15 pm  #99

Here is my 63 Boxtop.  Just added power disc brakes, floor shifter, aluminum radiator and some shiny stuff.  More to come...

October 15, 2014 4:45 pm  #100

Very nice Galaxie

Board footera