Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 24, 2014 7:56 pm  #71

Re: Member Intro

Dieselholic92 wrote:

Hey guys I'm new here to this forum. I'm from Marshall, Minnesota. I've been collecting cars, and working on them since I had a job at 13. Among my cars, I have a 1967 Ford Galaxie 500 convertible. The car is restored, but there are still some things I would like to change. I'm just hoping to meet some other Galaxie owners and find some inspiration.

Welcome to the forum!!  Love the pix you posted in the "show me your rides"  section.  What is the drive train on your 67??  also what kinds of things would you like to do to it??  I am always interested to here what peoples plans are.  Are you a keep it original sort or do you like to modify things??  Just curious.  Once again welcome to the forum.

March 1, 2014 6:29 am  #72

Hello, Im new to this forum and from north Texas.  Have a 64 Fairlane 500 4dr that I pulled out of a field.  The car was sitting for around 15 years and is far from restored but it is fun.  I have installed a EFI 5.0/AOD setup out of an 88 ford ltd in the car and it runs like a champ.  I know some folks frown upon this but I wanted something extremly reliable and fun to drive.  Also sitting on 20in black steelie wheels with nitto tires.  Looking to upgrade/replace all of the front suspension stuff next.  Look forward to sharing and gathering info from the site.  Thanks, Blaine.

March 1, 2014 9:55 am  #73

Welcome to the forum!!!!!  No frowns here My 62 also has a 5.0 in it and in 62 the windsor block wasn't even an option so I'm all for modification.  I love original stuff too, basically all are welcome here.  thanks for joining us, I look forward to hearing more about your car and I would love to see some pix.

March 1, 2014 11:49 am  #74

I guess I need to introduce myself . HI I'm Charlie and I'm a Fordaholic
 I'm from Maine and moved down here to Louisiana 6 years ago . I've owned the red Galaxie for about 20 years .I bought her in Me. she had been brought up from Tenn. and ignored there was a crack in the block of the 352 from water only in it. We epoxied the crack buffed out the paint and put a good old set of big and littles white letter bias ply's on original cragers and drove her for the next 2 years she won a make over from one of the local auto parts chains which won her a new stereo system and a set of tires and wheels . We took her to the Carroll Shelby meet in Limerock Conneticut . Epoxied block and all we had a great weekend seeing priceless cars racing on a road course . she made the 800 mile round trip wonderfully .Got 18 mpg running 80 miles an hour in 85 deg. august heat . she used about a gallon of oil per tank of gas .My friend figured it out and congradulated me on owning the only 2 stroke ford hes ever seen. Eventually the exhaust manifolds gave up but not the epoxy on the block. I took the motor and tranny out to go through them and put her in the barn for safe keeping .Fast forward 18 years 2 career changes and half a continent move and shes up on the lift at my new home . A 1920 Art Deco Texaco gas station with 3000 feet of shop space 3000 feet of living area and a conopy almost as big as the rest of the building . I have finally got the gearheads dream home . shes going to get a 545 cubic inch John Kasse Boss Hemi and a frame off make over .
 The stories behind the 49 Marmon are also very interesting .And yes that is a shotgun blast patern on the driverside corner of her cab !
 Looking forward to seeing and learning alot from all your projects and hopefully contributing alot to the sight myself .
 Here's some teaser pictures to look at
Thanks for welcomeing me to the sight There's nothing like a couple topless beautys hangin around the shop to keep ya motivated  They're twins born in 65 red and blue  hope to have the red one on her feet in a couple years  . the blue old gal will take a bit longer she was neglected alot more

1965 Galaxie 500 convertible times 2 one red one blue
1949 Ford Marmon Harrington 4X4 F5
1952 Willys millitary jeep
plus assorted other motor cycle and car projects to take up the slack times .All kept in the 1920's Art Deco Texaco gas station I call home

May 7, 2014 8:10 pm  #75

Hi folks, I'm Dave.  I have a 61 Sunliner and a gas grill that has a side that conforms to the rear passenger side trunk and tail light ring...a story for another post I suppose .  Paint is fair but correct color but not original.  It has a 390 FE and the previous owner swapped the 3 on the tree with T-10 4 speed.  Lord only knows who dropped the Edlebrock intake on but it's bleeding from the rear a little so I'll lbe doing R&R for the gaskets.  May replace the intake with a 6x2v I stumbled if I get the motor rebuilt but for now the 4v sucks enough gas.

I've posed some pics from the day I brought it home last October on the rides post, have to take some of the stuff I've done so far.  First order was new 15 inch shoes in leiue of the 14s as the tires were dry rotting near the rim edges and I plan to do a disc brake conversion at some point.  Been fixing mechanical stuff mostly since buying it.  Replaced all the bulbs insight and out but still have a few sockets to repair and need to get back uplights working yet.  Got the horns working 2 days a go thanks to finding a correct horn brush spring and relay.  Needs all the weather stripping as most is non existent

Have two Pontiac LeMans projects but they're on the back burner for now.  Looking forward to learner more about my car and making some new friends to rummage through their brain housing group of knowledge.

Dave

61 Galaxie Sunliner 390 4 Speed; 67 Fairlane 500 XL 289/C4; 68 Ford F100 6 cyl/3 Speed; 68 LeMans Convertible 350 4 Speed; 70 Lemans Coupe 350/350; 72 Ford Bronco

May 8, 2014 7:20 am  #76

What is your plan for the disc brake upgrade??  There are lots of options out there and just curious how you plan to do it.

May 8, 2014 4:53 pm  #77

Hi i am Tom i live in virginia beach and i just bought my first 65 galaxie 500

May 8, 2014 5:11 pm  #78

Welcome to the forum!!  tell us about the car and the plans you have for it.  Got any pix?

May 8, 2014 5:25 pm  #79

Daze wrote:

What is your plan for the disc brake upgrade??  There are lots of options out there and just curious how you plan to do it.

I haven't quite decided yet.  I'm thinking I will go with a kit that has it all or a spindle swap for the front and a kit for the rear with dual resevoir MC and booster.  I plan to do the brake system when I'm ready to do the PS upgrade.  I may just go with power drum brakes, but haven't really looked into much yet.  Definitely open to suggestions at this point. 

Dave

61 Galaxie Sunliner 390 4 Speed; 67 Fairlane 500 XL 289/C4; 68 Ford F100 6 cyl/3 Speed; 68 LeMans Convertible 350 4 Speed; 70 Lemans Coupe 350/350; 72 Ford Bronco

May 8, 2014 5:27 pm  #80

tommybravo wrote:

Hi i am Tom i live in virginia beach and i just bought my first 65 galaxie 500

Hi Tom...I'm just to the north of you in Fredericksburg.

Dave

Board footera