Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 6, 2015 12:21 pm  #101

Re: Member Intro

63427XL wrote:

New Member here
I just got on this site, I got a 1963 1/2 427 Galaxie XL R Code I been looking for other web sites like this for Galaxies. I can't seam to add a photo in my Aviator from my computer of my car or post photos? I am also on the Ford FE forum hope to chatt with some of you on the boards of car issues or help

I am Jim Demmitt Jr will be doing lots of West Coast Ca car shows and get togethers soon

Welcome !!!!

Jim White
Kingston, TN.
www.k4apy.com

September 1, 2015 12:45 pm  #102

Hello guys and gals,id like to introduce myself .My name is mike im from southern nj and im restoring a 62 ford galaxie XL500.I rebuilt the 390 engine and i sent out the transmission after i pulled it.It runs great.I have to finish installing the interior ,the weatherstripping andsome small moldings,Thanks. 

September 12, 2015 10:57 am  #103

Hello every one! I have a 65 Galaxie 500 convertible and I am in the middle of a total front end overhaul. I'm stuck and need some help. I bought a unisteer rack and pinion and in my directions it is telling me that the steering shaft should be two pieces and the I shoult be able to remove the steering colum from the car and pound on the rag joint and iit will seperate. No luck yet! Also i dont see how i can put in the needle bearing that they sent with it because of the shifting bracket is there. Can any of you help?

September 12, 2015 7:33 pm  #104

I bought a Unisteer kit for my '63 but it didn't install as described either. They suggested I could modify everything to make it work but that it would void the warrantee. I offered to work with them to give them any measurements they needed to build me parts that would fit.  They declined but gave me a full refund including return shipping. They were very polite and never made me feel like I was a problem customer but in the end I did have to go another route.

October 28, 2015 2:37 pm  #105

Hi folks! Thanks for membership in this forum. I have a 63 1/2 Galaxie and from I bought it in 2011, some modifications has been done, like discbrakes and engine/trans swap (390/C6). I live In Norway, and looks forward to share experience/knowledge, and getting some help also 

Here are som images of my car:

https://goo.gl/photos/J2WXALzZyswdXaiK9

https://goo.gl/photos/1hBy8bYsLbjBFxLU7

63 1/2 Galaxie 500 XL, 390 4b, C6   ----       1982 MB 380 SEC
1984 Ford Sierra Xr4i                        ----       1987 Ford Scorpio 2.9i Ghia
2008 Ford Mondeo                            ----        1976 Combi camp 2000

October 28, 2015 9:04 pm  #106

Welcome to the forum!
My son spent a winter studying at The University of Finnmark in Alta. Where do you live?
Is it difficult for you to get parts for your Galaxie In Norway?

October 29, 2015 7:04 am  #107

Apart from the bucket seats, it looks like we have the same car!  Welcome to the forum!

October 29, 2015 2:31 pm  #108

Thanks!

I assume your son, dan_6776,  felt it was a bit cold in Finnmark 

My home is in Harstad, Troms. Troms is the also in North Norway, not so faraway from Finnmark.

Its relatively few Galaxies in Norway, but in Sweden they are more popular. So its often easier to get parts from Sweden

When buying parts to classic american cars in Norway, its often necessary to import from USA. And its often cheaper to do it directly from USA, than asking a dealer in Norway to do it. Many shipping companies in Norway make it easy to import parts

Generally parts,  f.eks engine parts, is possible to buy from shops here, but its a lot more expensive than import parts 

1984 Ford Sierra Xr4i                        ----       1987 Ford Scorpio 2.9i Ghia

October 29, 2015 9:05 pm  #109

We live in Canada so cold really wasn't an issue.😉 Many of the parts I have purchased were from the U.S. It has been getting more expensive to do so due to currency exchange rates and international shipping rates. I am glad however to get the parts I need.

October 30, 2015 2:08 am  #110

We also see it in Norway, that the parts are more expensive to import, caused by currency exchange. Where in Canada do you live?

Last edited by 1976kjell (October 30, 2015 2:13 am)

Board footera