Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 11, 2014 1:19 pm  #91

Re: Member Intro

welcome to the forum!!  Once you make two more posts for a total of three you should be able to post pix.  I too have both a mustang a a galaxie and you are not kidding that they are a "different animal"  good news is IMHO the Galaxie is the easier car to work on so after all the work you did on the Mustang the Galaxie should be easier.  

December 13, 2014 8:35 pm  #92

Definitely a lot more room for my 6'4" frame to get in and under areas to work on. It's the lack of repops and plentiful originals that I'm trying to get used to.

January 24, 2015 2:37 pm  #93

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum, from Michigan. Have owned a '64 Galaxie 2 door and a '66 sedan in the past, and just bought a '59 Galaxie with 352 automatic and air conditioning. Drove it home on the last salt free day we had, put a set of tires on it and can't wait to get it out again. An older repaint that had a new original interior about 20 years ago. First project will be replacing the heater core. Never forgot the sound and feel of my '64, like this one even better!

January 26, 2015 8:06 pm  #94

Hi, everyone I'm new the form I own a 63 ford galaxie Fastback that I've been working on getting back on the road. I got the car about 10 years ago out of a junk yard in forthworth TX. I drove it for about two year in high school as a daily driver then parked it because the steering coupler broke which was I think a good thing because being young and crazy in high school I probly would have wrecked it or just trashed it all up......Lol. So now I'm ready to start some new memories in it.

Thanks for the add

February 17, 2015 1:05 pm  #95

Hey guys, new to the forum. I have 1964 Galaxie 500 2dr ht 390 4bbl factory 4spd. I live in Va near Roanoke. Im pretty much building a resto-mod.

May 31, 2015 9:50 pm  #96

My name is Garrett and I'm brand new to this forum.  I have a 63 1/2 Galaxie 500 fastback with a '62 T-bird 390 and C6 transmission.  It's normally a daily driver but it's on blocks now getting rack & pinion steering, 2004 Cobra disc brakes (w/hydroboost) all around, 4-bar rear suspension, and shockwaves at all four corners.  Everything is being upgraded from previous disc and air bag suspension conversions that weren't very good.  I hope to learn a lot here and contribute wherever I may have some relevant experience.

June 4, 2015 7:41 am  #97

BB-63 wrote:

My name is Garrett and I'm brand new to this forum. I have a 63 1/2 Galaxie 500 fastback with a '62 T-bird 390 and C6 transmission. It's normally a daily driver but it's on blocks now getting rack & pinion steering, 2004 Cobra disc brakes (w/hydroboost) all around, 4-bar rear suspension, and shockwaves at all four corners. Everything is being upgraded from previous disc and air bag suspension conversions that weren't very good. I hope to learn a lot here and contribute wherever I may have some relevant experience.

Welcome aboard BB-63!!
I'm in Kingston TN . I Have a 1966 Galaxie 500 fastback with a 460 / C6.  Restoration project.

Last edited by k4apy (June 4, 2015 7:41 am)

Jim White
Kingston, TN.
www.k4apy.com

June 16, 2015 12:23 am  #98

New Member here
I just got on this site, I got a 1963 1/2 427 Galaxie XL R Code I been looking for other web sites like this for Galaxies. I can't seam to add a photo in my Aviator from my computer of my car or post photos? I am also on the Ford FE forum hope to chatt with some of you on the boards of car issues or help

I am Jim Demmitt Jr will be doing lots of West Coast Ca car shows and get togethers soon

July 28, 2015 9:18 pm  #99

Thanks, Jim (k4apy)!  Sorry for the delayed response.

Also, welcome to west coast, Jim (63427XL). I'm also on the FE forum and a west coaster.  That is, if you count central California as the coast.  I have a '63 fastback as well but it's no R code. Started as a 352 with Cruise-O-Matic and 3:1 rear gears. It now has a 390/C6 combo but still sporting the freeway gears.

I'd love to hear of any events you're planning!

- Garrett

August 6, 2015 10:32 am  #100

Hello everyone new member here. I live in Sunbury NC close the Suffolk VA. Just got my second galaxie a 1966 Q code. I traded for it and think I got a pretty good deal. My first Galaxie was a 68 2dr. I look forward to getting to know everyone.

Board footera