Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 1, 2013 9:25 pm  #1

Guess what I'm up to?

on December 9, 2012, 6:28 pm, Jayz66 wrote:

I've decided that my swap to a dual master cylinder will need to wait until other stuff gets done.

on December 11, 2012, 8:24 pm, jhooch wrote:

I didn't know you could use Hershey's chocolate syrup for brake fluid. You learn something everyday.

on December 11, 2012, 8:40 pm, irstang wrote:

Wheel cylinders are cheap.....
Check your break lines too. 30 years ago, I went to pick up my '66 from my Dad's house up in the Appalachian mountains. I rebuilt the brakes, and when I was bleeding them, I heard a pffffffffsssssss right under the door. The brake line was rusted through, and all of the backwoods parts stores looked at me like I was crazy when I asked for a brake line. I had to go back a year later and tow it home. I was not happy.

on December 11, 2012, 8:46 pm, Jayz66 wrote:

TDon't worry!

I'm not gonna cut corners. EVERYTHING that doesn't look good will be replaced. I've already replaced the rear wheel cylinders. I'll post more pics as I go.
Come back often and check my progress.

on December 13, 2012, 8:16 pm, jhooch wrote:

I'm in the middle of the same on my Marauder.

Board footera