Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 18, 2023 11:53 am  #1

1963 Galaxie 500 wont turn over

when i got the car it had a aftermarket switch wired directly to the ignition coil a lot of wires were burnt under the dash and hood replaced dash harness and repaired underhood wiring got the correct switch in and wired like my other 1963 and it wont turn over but i can bypass the solenoid and it turns over any ideal to point me in to trouble shoot my problem

January 19, 2023 7:05 am  #2

Re: 1963 Galaxie 500 wont turn over

Probably going to need to start tracing wires using a multi-tester.  Check for voltage and continuity.  I would check to see if you are getting 12 volts to the ignition switch and then go from there.

January 19, 2023 2:34 pm  #3

Re: 1963 Galaxie 500 wont turn over

thanks for the advise it turned out to be a bad neutral saftey switch by passed switch and it cranked

Board footera