Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 16, 2013 9:28 am  #1

1959 Ford Galaxie Fairlane 500

I just picked up a 1959 Galaxie 500 2door with a 292Y 3 speed. Unfortunately the frame has seen better days. I've been through this before on my '65 and actually had to build the center portion not being bale to find a suitable doner. Do any of you by chance have, or know where a 2 door frame can be had?? (fingers crossed!) Another option, is there a modern frame that could be swapped in without too much fabrication? Something like a '03-'07 crown vic? Thanks in advance!

September 20, 2013 8:54 am  #2

Re: 1959 Ford Galaxie Fairlane 500

I'd be very surprised if a modern Crown Vic would be a suitable donor, but some serious measuring would tell you. Recently I saw some info on a guy who used and Art Morrison chassis and installed a 4.6 mod motor in his 59ish Vic. That would not be a cheap way to go.

Board footera