Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 11, 2014 11:56 am  #11

Re: Temp gauge is hot - time for an electric fan.

Daze wrote:

jrdufresne wrote:

The Contour fan is thinner than the Lincoln and Taurus fans. Still puts out 3500 cfm.

how thin is it??

If I recall correctly the depth at the fans to shroud edge was about 3.3 inches thick. The Taurus fan is 5.5 ish inches. Where my waterpump snout it is about .5 inches away from the gusseted part in the center of the shroud. I want to say that from the center of the shroud it is about 2.75" from gusset to outer flange of the shroud. There are two fans that are offset on a Contour fan. Will post a link.

Larry

Last edited by jrdufresne (March 11, 2014 12:00 pm)

March 11, 2014 11:58 am  #12

January 11, 2017 8:33 pm  #13

jrdufresne wrote:

Contour fan dimensions

Do you have any electrical diagram for this?

January 16, 2017 7:47 pm  #14

Here's I would suggest that is why I was asking if you have any electrical diagram. 

Replace and drain the cooling system. Clean or replace the thermostat also check for any leakage. You can surely install an additional fan just install a relay within the trigger switch before hooking it up to the thermoswitch.

Last edited by beepinJ (January 16, 2017 7:48 pm)

January 17, 2017 6:46 pm  #15

By the way, the product I used in the process was Motorex Antifreeze, Crown fan module and oem thermostat. All bought from 4WheelOnline online shop.

April 2, 2017 7:01 pm  #16

April 4, 2017 12:34 pm  #17

I live in Georgia and neither one of my classic cars run hot. Not even at the lengthy lights we have in Conyers (5-7min. average traffic light times). That wasn't the case when I first got my '68 Cougar. The culprits on it were a faulty fan clutch, a new thermostat that the previous owner installed backwards, and a cap not sealing. 

Both of these cars are running the stock style cooling system, 180 degree tstats, factory fan setups and radiators. The factory setup should cool your car just fine. If it isn't then you need to diag the problem BEFORE you start throwing money at it. 

You shouldn't be thinking about electric fans BEFORE you figure out the culprit that is causing the overheating. 

Last edited by guitar74 (April 4, 2017 12:35 pm)

Board footera