Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 25, 2013 12:57 pm  #1

62 galaxie 4 wheel disk brake swap

i would like to swap my drum brakes to disk on all 4 wheels,  what cars can i get my parts from that will be a direct swap on the rear and front?  is it 64 Tbird spindles and some kind of lincoln for the rears?  i just need to know the years, and if i need to change my master cylender

August 26, 2013 2:25 pm  #2

Re: 62 galaxie 4 wheel disk brake swap

There are lots of options for the front you can use most front disc brake swaps from full sized fords of the 60s.  There are also some 70s cars that will work.  For the back I would recommend a retrofit rear disc brake kit.  I have a friend who sells a couple of conversion kits. I am currently using the mark VII kit but I have also gotten the SN95 kit.  both are fantastic.  the kits are relatively inexpensive and then you can go junkyard shopping for the rest of the parts.  check out www.rosehillperformanceparts.com.

Here is a shot of the rear discs on my 62

Board footera