Galaxie Forum Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury DazeCars www.galaxieforum.com

This forum is for all years of the Ford Galaxie and all other Full-size Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars. This is a place to share information, skills, pictures, and stories for the purpose of building friendships and furthering the enjoyment and restoration of these cars

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 13, 2013 5:33 pm  #1

2100 Carb

My Mercury has been sitting for about 2 years now but it has been started from time to time. I keep Sea foam in the tank but my problem is when you shut the car off it is really hard to start if it sits for 10 to 15 minutes. It seems to be flooded. I guess its time for a rebuild. It has the stock 2100 carb on it. The fuel seems to keep dripping down in the intake after you shut the car off. Anyone ever have this problem?

Do some miles, Get some smiles

August 20, 2013 8:18 pm  #2

Re: 2100 Carb

The inlet needle and seat may be leaking and/or float level too high. It sounds like it is time for a carb rebuild.

August 21, 2013 4:44 pm  #3

70XL wrote:

The inlet needle and seat may be leaking and/or float level too high. It sounds like it is time for a carb rebuild.

+1

August 21, 2013 9:03 pm  #4

I rebuild the carb and its working great now. Thanks for the replys.

Do some miles, Get some smiles

Board footera